Oviraptor Egg Fossil?

Seguidora-de-Isis

17 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Translated by Google:

Egg prepared by Ana an expert! Note that many naturally present eggs are shells of different colors. So we can prove that this happened during the fossilization process , with the addition of various minerals can get these jewels of highly collectible nature. Much joy! Thank you for all of you who helped me !

605542AXoro2E.png

Pretty little thing Mom! :-)

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

To me most of the different color shading looks real and a result of normal mineralization.  However there are pieces that I'm still skeptical about like the one I circled in red.  Not only are the color very different in that shell fragment there are gaps that make it look inserted.  

More striking the surface ornamentation look different and the pattern is not consistent with its surroundings.  

753796AXoro2F.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Just an observation,   I've been attending the Tucson fossil show for about the last 20 years.  Except for the last few, Chinese eggs were very common at these shows, all real, tons of them.   Dealers from China would be everywhere.    Although my memory might be aging :blink: I don't ever remember seeing mosaic eggs.  Yes there were eggs with dark and light colors but a blend not mosaic.  Mosaic ones in my opinion are a recent phenomenon coupled with in influx of fake eggs.  

• I found this Informative 4