Member Of The Month for September, 2016

JohnJ

By proclamation, The Fossil Forum's Member of the Month for September, 2016, is JohnBrewer !!! :goodjob:

It has only been since January that John arrived at TFF.  However, his encouragement and talent for teaching was quickly evident in his posts.  His abilities as a professional artist and photographer have been of great assistance to many members, too.  Personally, I have enjoyed his commentary and patience on The Fossil Forum; and I look forward to his continued presence here.  Thanks, John!  :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:Congratulations!  :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Well deserved, John. 

I appreciate your content, and enjoy reading your posts. 

And, your photography ain't too shabby either. ;)

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

John is fully deserving of the honour.

A Knighthood is in order.

a note of caution: i'm clumsy with large sharp metal objects

Also,i'm not of royal descent.

These matters are just tiny details,really.

Edited by doushantuo

Congrats John!

But...I think Tim may be off, your photos could use some work ;)

jk!

You are always a pleasure to speak with and have helped me many times!

Well deserved my friend!

1 hour ago, JohnBrewer said:

Well, I really don't know what to say. Thank you everyone it's a real honour! :) 

Well, no one gets away with only a two sentence 'speech'...(drums fingers waiting....)   :P  :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

• JohnJ featured and unfeatured this topic

Well I only saw this because @Cris tagged me. I flew in to Amsterdam late yesterday for a weeks break to celebrate my wife's 40th. Pretty tired, and a little ale I confess, I thought I'd have a quick check in. And what a surprise! I'm not sure I'm deserving of the title, there are lots more people I see here. 

As its Kate's birthday treat I'm not allowed to mention fossils this week particularly as the las two holidays this year Czech Rep (for my 50th) and near the Jurassic cost of England involved digs. I'll still log in and have a quick look each evening :)

thanks again everyone!

"honour"  Darn Englishmen, when are they going to spell in American?! 

Now what's this about John Brewer winning Member of the Month?  What the... I didn't vote for him!!!!!  Lol 
You earned this one buddy!  Always look forward to your input and knowledge.   Well, all except that whole Miocene "dinosaur tooth" incident.  We'll just let that one go. 
Doren

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Hooray for you, @JohnBrewer!  You totally deserve the honour (fyi - Canadians combine the best of American and British English, and since we spell "honour" with a "u," too, then it must be correct ;)).  You've been incredibly generous with your knowledge and support (and your fossils, too :)), making you a wonderful presence on TFF.  I'm really happy that you're September's Member of the Month!  Congratulations!

Monica

John, you deserve the honor. Let's all celebrate by tipping a pint in honor of our stalwart member across the Pond (the Atlantic Ocean in American English).

Cheers, 

John

Edited by DPS Ammonite

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.