Pachycephalosaur Spikes to Royal Ontario Museum

Susan from PA

A few months ago, member Troodon was kind enough to study photos of my collection of dinosaur fossils and help with the identification of many of my specimens.  It wasn't an easy task, but I learned so much in the process.  One of my specimens,  a set of Pachyceohalosaur spikes, which was collected in the Hell Creek Formation, Harding County, South Dakota, was of particular interest.  The spikes had dimples on their distal ends, which may indicate bone regrowth.  He said that this theory was being researched Dr. David Evans of the Royal Ontario Museum.  I contacted Dr. Evans, and he was indeed interested in my specimen for his research.  So, I am happy to report the specimen has been donated to the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, Canada to be studied by Dr. David Evans. :)image.jpgimage.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Yea :dinothumb: 

Congratulations on working it out with David, I know he's happy to get his hands on it.   Anything he can get to study regrowth will help his research.   My buddy in Canada also provided him a specimen.  Hopefully we will see a paper on it.

Hey good luck on your upcoming dig you may find one.  :dinosmile:

Chris I love the new tickle prompt. @Cris

Edit: don't forget to post your donation for an award 

Thanks so much Troodon and Cris!   :dinosmile:.       I'm so excited to have it studied!  

Edited by Susan from PA