archeo

Hello,

I am actualy working on a 3 D reconstruction of the  Trilobite Triarthrus

The body and my references as a blueprint :

carapace.jpg

carapace2.jpg

triarthrus-blue-print.jpg

Nice start,

will it be able to roll up when it is ready?

regards,

J

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

17 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

will it be able to roll up when it is ready?

yes it will and it is the difficulty of this reconstruction.

I have just finished a limb. It is the basis model wich will be slitly modilfy and copy (28 paires of legs!)

appendice.jpg

your CGI is very good, especially surface material.

Above bottom side rendering image is so much nice reference for me

Best regards.

attached CGI is my recent CGI output   

untitled.jpg

Cedarina schachti 062top.jpg

Cedarina schachti 062side.jpg

The Digestive System with gut, gut diverticulae (in the head and the thorax) and hepato-pancreas (only in the head). The hepatopancreas must be amanded.

some references :

J. L. CISNE , 1975. Anatomy of Triarthrus and the relationships o f the Trilobita. Fossils and Strata, N o . 4, pp. 45 -63 . PIs. 1-2 .

R. Lerosey-Aubril and all , 2012. Controls on Gut Phosphatisation: The Trilobites from the Weeks Formation Lagerstatte (Cambrian; Utah). PLoS ONE Volume 7  Issue 3, pp. 1-9.

R. Lerosey-Aubril and all, 2011. Inferring internal anatomy from the trilobite exoskeleton: the relationship between frontal auxiliary impressions and the digestive system. Lethaia, 44, 166–184.

Fatka and all, 2012. Fossilised guts in trilobites from the Upper Ordovician Letná Formation (Prague Basin, Czech Republic). Bulletin of Geosciences, volume 88, issue 1; pp. 95 - 104

intestin.jpg

The trilobite is Cedarina schachti ,Cambrian  trilobite.  

I use Blender for modeling Paleozoic fauna and Liqueur bottle modeling.

If this is your favorite one,    I will send you original modeling data via E=mail attachment.

PLS contact me without hesitation. 

best regards

other than Cedarina schachti, several number of trilobites data are also available.

Pls refer my web archives.  

Thanks you comsuella2293 for your proposal and congratulations for your website, a lot of job here . I use cinema 4D (a old version) since 2003 and also zbrush and wings 3D

The nervous system is unkown, so it is a standart arthropodian one here, with protocerebron, deutocerebron but no tritocerebron because Trilobites had no second antenna.

systeme_nerveux.jpg

The head circulatory system, in red : artery and in blue sinusal vessels.

references :

The Arthropod Circulatory System : https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258217055_The_Arthropod_Circulatory_System

Recherche sur l'anatomie des Limules par A. Milne Edwards, 1872

An exceptionally preserved arthropod cardiovascular system from the early Cambrian. Xiaoya Ma et all NATURE COMMUNICATIONS 2014 , 5:3560, pp 1- 7

http://www.horseshoecrab.org/anat/circ3.html

Traité de Paléontologie, tome III p 74-75

TD-systeme_nerveux-circulatoire2.jpg

7 hours ago, archeo said:

Thanks you comsuella2293 for your proposal and congratulations for your website, a lot of job here . I use cinema 4D (a old version) since 2003 and also zbrush and wings 3D

eventually I have old version of C4D (my last update was 2004).  and after over 10 years interval, I restarted CGI by blender in Linux environment.

i keep watching your excellent CGI work.

Best regards

@ comsuelIa2293 start CGI by Brice but I can't do what I want with it. C4D 9.5 gives me all what I need for modelling and rendering. The procedural textures are amazing. I never successfuly use Blender.

It is time for modeling the muscular apparatus. I will do the job for a segment and hope copy paste for the other segments with a minimum of modifications.

References :

Trilobites :

Traité de Paléontologie, tome III p 75

J. L. Cisne , 1975. Anatomy of Triarthrus and the relationships of the Trilobita. Fossils and Strata, N o . 4, pp. 45 -63 . PIs. 1-2 .

Campbell, K.S.W. 1 9 7 5 0 7 1 5 : The functional morphology of Cryptolithus. Fossils and Strata, N o . 4, pp. 6 5 - 8 6 , Pls. 1 - 2 .

Patterns of Cephalic Musculature in the Phacopina (Trilobita) and Their Phylogenetic Significance Niles Eldredge Journal of Paleontology Vol. 45, No. 1 (Jan., 1971), pp. 52-67

Extant Arthropoda

Firstman, B . 1973 . The relationship of the chelicerate arterial system to the evolution of the endosternite. J . Arachnol. 1 :1-54 .

F. Erhard. 2001. Morphological and Phylogenetical Studies in the Isopoda (Crustacea). Part 3: The Pleon Trunk in the Asellota. Stuttgarter Beitr. Naturk. Ser. A Nr. 623 45 S.

Schaller, F. in Beier, M. 1970. Handbuch der Zoologie. Eine Naturgeschichte der Stämme des Tierreiches. IV. Band: Arthropoda - 2. Hälfte: Insecta. 2. Teil: Spezielles. 1. Collembola (Springschwänze). Berlin. p.1-72.

The segment 2 will be the basis of all the others. Note that muscles are white, arteries in red and sinusal vessels in blue which is purely conventional because there is no hemoglobin in the arthropods hemolymph.

triarthrus-anneau2.jpg

Archived