Trilobite : a 3D reconstruction

archeo

Wow...That's incredible work you are doing. I can't even begin to think how hard or how much work must go into developing some like this. I can't wait to see what the finish product will look like.

Great work.....:D  

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

5 hours ago, njfossilhunter said:

.... I can't even begin to think how hard or how much work must go into developing some like this...

It is tedious and boring : copy, past, resize, tweak all components.:hammer01: I spend a quater of hour on each segment and there is 25 segments ( 14 in the thorax and 11 in the pygidium). It will be my tomorow work. Today I am exhausted by modeling the cephalon. Now it's time to eat and sleep. Tomorow is an other day ;)

triarthrus-cephalon-profil.jpg

triarthrus-cephalon-face.jpg

6 hours ago, archeo said:

It is tedious and boring : copy, past, resize, tweak all components.:hammer01: I spend a quater of hour on each segment and there is 25 segments ( 14 in the thorax and 11 in the pygidium). It will be my tomorow work. Today I am exhausted by modeling the cephalon. Now it's time to eat and sleep. Tomorow is an other day ;)

triarthrus-cephalon-profil.jpg

triarthrus-cephalon-face.jpg

You deserve a good meal and some rest....:)...Enjoy

Tony

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

After two days of intensive work (for me and my computers :blink:) here is the result. Upper left : dorsal vue, upper righ : ventral vue, lower : lateral vue. Now I hope to be able to make an anatomical chart or a virtual dissection

triarthrus-complet-dessus.jpgtriarthrus-complet-dessous.jpg

triarthrus-complet-profil.jpg

That is so awesome....:o I love it. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work with us...it really made my day.....:):):)

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Speechless.  :blink::faint:

Amazing work. 

Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hi archeo,

fresh from our trilobite conference in Berlin:

I have shown some of your 3-D trilobite reconstrutions to Brigitte Schoenemann:

https://www.steinmann.uni-bonn.de/arbeitsgruppen/invertebratenpalaeontologie/mitarbeiter/schoenemann-brigitte

http://www.brigitte-schoenemann.de/

She is very interested to get in contact with you. Please send me a personal message if you are interested, too.

Best regards

Johannes

Thank you very much to all

On 10/7/2016 at 0:33 PM, comsuella2293 said:

Acidaspis is a great work.

digital sculpting is a nice and smart method to re-construct   

yes, it is time consuming, but easy to modify

@Johannes

I send you a message

The circulatory system working :

Blood is pumped from the heart (1) into the arterial trunks (2) to go to the more little arteries (3) of the organs. There, there is no capillary system and the blood goes in interstices between cells and organs named "sinus" (4). Sinusal vessels (5) collect the blood of the different parts of the body, mainly by osmotic pressure, and conduct it to the gills (6). Reoxygenated blood return (7) to the pericardial cavity (8) and back to the heart passing by the ostia (9). Blood is moved in sinusal sytem by the dilation of pericardial cavity under action of pericardial muscles (10)

triarthrus-circulation.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 25/10/2016 at 1:48 PM, sdsnl said:

:trilosurprise: The anatomy is awesome! The cephalon reminds me of the extant Triops sp.

yes, and Triops feeds like some Trilobite as you can see at the end of this movie (1:22):

@Deruos : wel done ! I specialy like the second picture. Your corals are very well done . Adding polyps in some of it would enhance realism. Vue is a very good soft but renders are very time consuming.

Hello "Archeo" Thank you for your comments.  i sent you messages on your private mailbox, but no answer. I live in Brittany too !

What wonderful reenactment of past life. So realistic. There is unbelievable talent behind these creations!!!!!! I enjoyed this tremendously. Any others to post? would love to see.

Mike

These images are incredible, what an amazing job you've done on this, I don't know what else to say other than you have an unbelievable talent mate. Great stuff!

Archived