Mosasaurus jaw

amon81

Hy guys, i have found one seller with this mosasaurus jaw. These are the pictures, do you think is it real?in my opinion seems real but i would like to know yours. Price near 600 usd...maybe too much.. ;)

$_1 (1).JPG

$_1 (2).JPG

$_1.JPG

$_3 (1).JPG

$_3 (2).JPG

$_3.JPG

The teeth are real but looks like a great deal of them have been placed in the jaw with a poor matrix fill.  I'm not a mosasaur expert but you may have teeth there from different species 

Mostly real yes. But as the others have said. There is some filling. There's no reason to fill in so much other than to hide mistakes or faults. So I'd say it's possible that teeth 2 to 4 do not belong to this jaw and are from different individuals.

Overall a nice piece but poor fill in. The teeth that do seem to belong to this jaw look like Prognathodon sp.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I just spent a lot of time looking closely at Mosasaur jaws at the Denver show this week and I personally would not purchase this piece.  Looks like many of the teeth are cemented on to me, and like Trooden said, not even sure they're all from the same species.  It looks like the parts glued together are all authentic but not from the same animal.  

absolutly faked , many species , bad position of the teeth , is not even a good job.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

Archived