Fossil Flower - Donated to Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

Flower

Green River Formation, Parachute Creek Member

Douglas Pass, Colorado.  Radar Dome area.

Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

When I first saw this flower, I walked right past it thinking it was a dead flower laying on the rock.  I'm glad something in my head made me go back and take another look.  I realized that this specimen was rare and asked the Denver Museum if they were interested in it.  They were, and the donation was made.

Green River - Flower.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

I know that site. Beautiful find! Thank you for donating it. I look forward to seeing the next time I'm in Denver.

...I'm back.

Spectacular! I can see how you were initially fooled. Thanks for the collaboration with science when you realized it was a significant find.

Cheers.

-Ken

Wow, incredible! Does anyone know what plant it is from? Too bad you did not receive invert fossil of the month award for it. Maybe you can still get the Drool Bucket Award. Moderators: hint, hint.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

The only word that comes to mind is.....INCREDIBLE.....when I look at it. You should be very proud you found something like this and made a donation of it......:)  

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

That is one of the most evocative fossils I've seen. Who would ever think that a flower would last forever! Good on you for donating it. :) 

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png