Mako Surprise!

Guest N.AL.hunter

Guest N.AL.hunter

Well several of you have heard/read me complaining that I just never seem to find larger teeth of Makos or Megs. Well also, I once said something in a forum post or on chat about finding some shark teeth when I was a kid, perhaps 10 years old, down in Florida. Near New Port Richey to be exact. While unboxing my collection recently, I came across the small box of those very teeth. They had been boxed for some 20 years or more. These were found in a pile of sand/dirt from them dredging a canal. While not giants, and the longest one is a partial (at least I think it is a mako, 2.25"), but they are not tinny like the ones I have found recently. And the "patterned" one is really blue and white. The photo doesn't show the colors properly. Wonder what else I have, hmmmm.

that's funny. twenty years is a long time to not know you have something.

Well several of you have heard/read me complaining that I just never seem to find larger teeth of Makos or Megs. Well also, I once said something in a forum post or on chat about finding some shark teeth when I was a kid, perhaps 10 years old, down in Florida. Near New Port Richey to be exact. While unboxing my collection recently, I came across the small box of those very teeth. They had been boxed for some 20 years or more. These were found in a pile of sand/dirt from them dredging a canal. While not giants, and the longest one is a partial (at least I think it is a mako, 2.25"), but they are not tinny like the ones I have found recently. And the "patterned" one is really blue and white. The photo doesn't show the colors properly. Wonder what else I have, hmmmm.

yep that is a mako nice teeth love the colors

those poor teeth couldnt breathe!!!! Well at least they are out now and they have some really nice color to them

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Cool! Glad you got to find them twice!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That white mako has beautiful colors!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Now if only you could find the box with that perfect 5" Meg in it...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

They probably thought they had been donated to a museum. :D

(sorry, I could not resist)

BTW Congrats. It is not often that we find the same tooth twice.

haha donated to a museum now thats funny

Congrats on your "re-finds", sadly I know how you feel - and I have only been collecting 11 years or so and forget what I have until I open that box again :blush:

Hey Del, are you closing in on the point where you'll be able to hide your own Easter eggs?

(I've been there for 5 or 6 years; it's a real time saver!)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest N.AL.hunter
Hey Del, are you closing in on the point where you'll be able to hide your own Easter eggs?

(I've been there for 5 or 6 years; it's a real time saver!)

Who are you? Have we met?

Who are you? Have we met?

Yeah, I left a little box of New Port Richey teeth with you for safe-keeping, a little over 20 years ago.

Don't you remember?

you people aren't funny, whoever you are.

you people aren't funny, whoever you are.

hey, i bet you never found any fossils in your house that you'd forgotten about, have you?

TJ! Your Dad's wanderin' 'round the neighborhood again!

Archived