Any upcoming Trips in Virginia?!

SharkToothLover757

Heyyy there! Does anyone know of any upcoming Shark Teeth/fossil hunting trips? I'm located in Va Beach... Looking for places in Virginia or North Carolina hopefully!  Thanks a Bunch!

Holly

I just returned from Breezy Point, Maryland (Calvert Cliffs). Excellent finds and lovely weather.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

That is one of the places I haven't been yet.. Planning a trip there in October or early spring. 

I'm trying to find a supervised trip with a guide. I don't mind paying. Surface collecting or digging.

16 minutes ago, SharkToothLover757 said:

That is one of the places I haven't been yet.. Planning a trip there in October or early spring. 

I'm trying to find a supervised trip with a guide. I don't mind paying. Surface collecting or digging.

You could check out Stratford hall. You can find miocene shark teeth, ray plates, crustacean burrows and more at the beach they have, overseen by the cliffs that produce the fossils.It Is made even more Interesting If you consider the fact that It was Robert E. Lee's home. Overall, the trip Is worthwhile and just plain fun! :D

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Thanks! Yes I have been there before.. It was a lot of fun! Tons of ppl there. I found about 30 teeth but they were mostly all small.. Was still fun though! 

I would google fossil collecting clubs in the midatlantic states. There are clubs in both Virginia and the Carolina's and they all have trips that you can go on and most are free...Aurora fossil club is one in N. Carolina that has good trips and the good part about them is you don't have to live in that state to join.      

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

I want to go bad but I have family plans that weekend that I can't get out of. I was at Stratford Hall today (see my report from today), I desperately want to hunt by the cliffs and not the small, open beach. I expect to see a report from you if you go!

Rob :D

Yes I'm planning on going.. Just waiting on hearing back from the lady now to make sure it's not booked up. Also, I'm not sure if it's 100.00 for both days?! 

I cannot wait to be able to search a different spot where not tons of people go all of the time!! (Well one that is known for having lots of teeth anyway) I'll def. take pictures of my finds! 

yes.. I just read your post about 30 minutes ago!! Nice teeth and quite a few for just one day! Congrats! 

Holly... I have been wanting to head back to Virginia and North Carolina this late fall..near the end of Oct to early Nov. I'm going to be asking follow collectors up by me as well as on the forum if they are interested in joining in... it might be a whole lot of fun....You are welcome to join us if you wish......:)   

Tony

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

Yes! That would be great. Let me know as you start planning or once you have your dates set in stone.. I'll love to join!

1 minute ago, SharkToothLover757 said:

Yes! That would be great. Let me know as you start planning or once you have your dates set in stone.. I'll love to join!

That's great ...As soon as I figure things out like when and where I will post a thread with the details.....:) 

Tony

On 9/19/2016 at 8:48 PM, SharkToothLover757 said:

Yes I'm planning on going.. Just waiting on hearing back from the lady now to make sure it's not booked up. Also, I'm not sure if it's 100.00 for both days?! 

I cannot wait to be able to search a different spot where not tons of people go all of the time!! (Well one that is known for having lots of teeth anyway) I'll def. take pictures of my finds! 

Did you hear back from Cathy at MAFANA and get signed up? If not, let me know. It's $100 for both days or $50 per day, which does not include grounds fees for Stratford Hall. I will be there, running the boat if the weather (wind/waves) cooperates. If not, I will be leading the group down to the eastern end of the beach. Marco Sr may be there too, representing Stratford Hall. 

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Hey Sailing! Yes, she left me a voicemail and said that the trip is all booked up.. I'm pretty bummed. I'm guessing I'll have to wait until next year or until another one comes around.. 

My mom also called and had her add her email to the list so we can hear about the trips earlier.. Let me know if anyone backs out! If not, have a great time!!

SharkToothLover757 I go almost every Saturday to Calvert Cliffs if the tides are good. Heading out this Saturday. I'll take you and your family on a free tour anytime, but I'm not sharing my secret spots. :crab::D

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

On 9/18/2016 at 9:46 PM, SharkToothLover757 said:

Heyyy there! Does anyone know of any upcoming Shark Teeth/fossil hunting trips? I'm located in Va Beach... Looking for places in Virginia or North Carolina hopefully!  Thanks a Bunch!

Holly

Holly, 

We are going to do a  Beach hunt weekend after next to do some hunting if you would like to join. A lot of teeth to be found there, whale bones, and occasionally a vertebrae. Message me if your interested.

Archived