I_gotta_rock

Upcoming C&D Canal trip

I_gotta_rock

The Delaware Nature Society is running a trip out to the C&D Canal October 9th, just before National Fossil Day. If any of you have been having trouble finding the site or just want to go with someone who can help you identify your finds, you can sign up here. Or visit www.delnature.org .

Adam86cucv

So how did the trip go?  If time is on my side this weekend I might detour over there for a little bit while I am on that side of Md.

I_gotta_rock

Just saw this reply. Sorry. Went well. Found tons!

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Adam86cucv

Wow are Pelecypods (had to look up what it was) typically that big at the site?  If so my son would crazy if he found that.  We didn't end up having time to head over to the canal when we were out that way.

gavialboy

congrats on the cool finds

I_gotta_rock
On 11/17/2016 at 0:53 PM, Adam86cucv said:

Wow are Pelecypods (had to look up what it was) typically that big at the site?  If so my son would crazy if he found that.  We didn't end up having time to head over to the canal when we were out that way.

Yep, more or less. he one in my hand (exogyra cancellata) is one of the larger ones for the day, but most in that pile are the same order of magnitude. I've also sifted around and found some that are less than 1/2 an inch across!