WANTED: Co-author for article

Kane

I am looking to entwine my previous training in the poststructuralist tradition with my passion for paleontology to produce a co-written article for peer-review publication in a journal either strictly devoted to the work of Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari, or a more general journal of critical inquiry in the poststructuralist tradition (or somewhere else - it's open!). The guiding question would be thus: what bearing may paleontological and geologic terms have on Deleuze's concepts (or vice versa)? Deleuze and Guattari's A Thousand Plateaus makes extensive use of such terms as strata/stratification and assemblage (among others). I think this would be a fun and informative piece to write, but having someone with much more paleo or geology training (and with a soft spot for the humanities) would be fantastic. I see a lot of opportunity for taphonomy in this, too. 

It would NOT be a scientific publication, but rather a mutual tracing of science and philosophy. It would not have to obsequiously devoted to putting a bowtie on Deleuze either, for there are going to be arguments he makes using science concepts that are misguided - and it is intellectually honest to point those out.

The timeline is flexible. My writing time is spoken for until mid-Spring of 2017, and the process of creating an article, submission, peer review, and publication can take proverbial eons (I still have submissions in the editorial queue from three years ago!). A preliminary discussion would be in order to carve out the general thrust of the piece, writing logistics, etc.

I want to have fun with this, but also produce something of value to a wider audience. Multi-disciplinary (I don't use interdisciplinary for several reasons) work can be a reciprocal shining light that expands our perspective. What can both areas learn from this "coupling"?

If interested, just PM me. I've had several very fruitful collaborations in the past, and always found them rewarding.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Ha! If you know about academic publishing it pays in "prestige" whatever that means. We make nothing, while publisher paywalls make everything. It is fine if you are on the tenure track (not many jobs there given a reliance on sessionals) to get into the "club." That shouldn't prevent us from doing this with principles intact, even if money does not follow (which it won't). This is a pro bono gig. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I'm out.  You lost me at "Poststructuralist tradition".  :headscratch::trilosurprise:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me