Ludwigia multi

elegantoceras

5 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Please give us some more views from different angles. That would make it easier to judge. It also depends somewhat on what kind of equipment you are using.

And skill level. Mine is low...

I sure wish I knew where to look for those when I was on Skye several years back. My suitcases would have been much heavier on the way back home. :P

Lovely collection of ammonites.

Cheers.

-Ken

I'll get some more photos tomorrow. Using  TT and ST pens.I can also air abrade a little when `i set it up and it works!I have taken the matrix down a little more this evening,sadly popped one little one but gained two more and better keel access.

Thanks

Tom

Wow!  Very nice multi piece buddy!  Give it a few days and go on the prep attack again.  then you will be refreshed and ready to go again.  Its looking real good to say the least!  Nice prep job so far!

RB

Thanks for the comments guys.Don't know if this shows any better. The rough looking ammonites have not been air abraded yet.I quite like the under cut to the keels but go too far and it looks wrong.Not sure I like ammonites on pedestals either!. Think I am too fussy!!

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

That really is a cool multi block.  For me, I love fossils kept in the rock.  The very dirt it/they were buried in.  May I ask what you will be doing with the tool marks?

RB

Strange but I kind of like the tool marks. I will use a st and make them very fine but not smooth off. I sometimes try to make them flow in a sort of river around the fossils. For greens  and yorkshire fossils I would grind then out completely and smooth off the matrix.

43 minutes ago, elegantoceras said:

Strange but I kind of like the tool marks. I will use a st and make them very fine but not smooth off. I sometimes try to make them flow in a sort of river around the fossils. For greens  and yorkshire fossils I would grind then out completely and smooth off the matrix.

I agree, a light amount of tool marks can look pretty cool. In the mean time  :popcorn:

I think you can still tickle a good bit of matrix out between the large one and the smaller ones in front of it in the second to last photo. It also looks like you could remove the rest of the matrix from in front of the smaller one in the front on the left. It's coming along quite well at any rate. You certainly should abrade them once you're done with the stylus. I prefer to smooth down the matrix, but that's your choice.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thanks Roger.Bit more with the st pen after the weekend.Seen some of your fine preps!.Pleased with whats come out of this block that I had discarded onto my bench to 'look at later.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have taken the little multi  a little further and decided now it's time to stop.Its getting cold in my garage anyway!

IMG_0052.jpg

Archived