North Orlando Help

-AnThOnY-

Hey! I'm in Tavares, FL just north of Orlando and I have a free morning tomorrow (maybe) and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations in the area to collect. Very interested in echinoids and pleistocene material but will pretty much take anything as I don't have much of any Florida material.

Let me know! Thanks!

Hi Anthony,

I live over in Clermont about 15-20 min from you. Unfortunately not going to find much in the area but you can travel up to gainsville or over to Venice beach or honeymoon island for your closest hunts. Peace river feeder creeks might produce something as well but it's still high and you're going to have to keep an eye out for reptiles.

If nothing else go drive through the lake Apopka nature preserve and check out some wildlife. Someone spotted 50+ gators congregating yesterday and it made the news. 

I am about an hour and a half north of there. You can find many different types of stuff up here. I can be free some in the morning, if you want at least show you the hot spot and get you started. I might not be able to stay too long. PM me if your interested in Gainesville.

I am interested but I have a wedding to attend right after lunch so I'm not sure I can swing 3 hours of driving. I was hoping I would get lucky with something local. Much appreciated for the offer!

Archived