Member Of The Month for October, 2016

JohnJ

By proclamation and consensus of the Staff, The Fossil Forum's Member of the Month for October, 2016, is DPS Ammonite!!! ammonite01.png.5f9e19ddb0aefedacbc055e8f567a882.pngammonite01.png.5f9e19ddb0aefedacbc055e8f567a882.pngammonite01.png.5f9e19ddb0aefedacbc055e8f567a882.pngammonite01.png.5f9e19ddb0aefedacbc055e8f567a882.pngammonite01.png.5f9e19ddb0aefedacbc055e8f567a882.png

John (DPS Ammonite) has been a member since May, 2013.  He is always ready to help members with informative comments or technical assistance.  He generously shares his experience, and his advice has been useful to the Staff.  Thanks, John, for all you have contributed to making TFF a better community. 

:yay-smiley-1:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hi,

Congrats John, I don't collect ammonites because I can't have an interest for all kind of fossils, but your posts are always interesting, that they are on ammonites or on other fossils / subjects !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations, John. :)  

This is a well deserved win.

I enjoy your posts, and I always learn something from them.

Thanks for being an outstanding member of the Forum. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congrats John and thanks for all you do to make Tff what it is : )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Well deserved, John. Thanks and congratulations. :crab:

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

About 95% of the honor of this award should go to the hardworking Fossil Forum administrators and moderators JohnJ, Cris, Auspex, PFOOLEY, Fossildude19, Gizmo and our contributing members. Without them I would have a much smaller outlet for my paleontological teaching interests and slightly silly witty comments.

I encourage everyone who enjoys this site and has received valuable information to help out no matter how small. Here are some ways that you can help that I mentioned in my reply last May to member mnuser when he asked how he could help the Forum:

1. Welcome newcomers to the Forum.

2. Share your knowledge of paleontology near you: fossil sites; museums; events; clubs.

3. Learn how to resize and download photos for your posts so that you can help others to do the same when they have problems.

4. Let posters know if they need to add information to their photos. Say: add a photo; add a close-up; add a scale in the photo; take a photo from a different angle; take a clearer photo.

5. If information for a fossil ID is missing, ask the poster where the fossil was found, what formation and what age.

6. Research their questions on the internet.

7. Find a reference or research papers that describe or have photos of their fossils to ID.

8. Find an area to collect fossils near the poster.

9. Research their questions by finding similar posts on The Fossil Forum by searching on TTF or by using Google.

10. Post an interesting paleontology article or piece of news.

With your help, we can make this an even better website

Regards,

John

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Archived