Tony G.

I was wondering if someone familiar with Eagle Ford fossils from the Las Colinas, Texas area could identify this.  I think it looks like Inoceramus, but am not sure.  For size reference, the graph paper that it is sitting on is 1/4" grid.

IMG_2221.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG

I think, Roger is right, also you. Could be an inoceramid valve. The general shape is good for that, also other details. I'll attach here an image with some features regarding to the morphology of inoceramid shells, compared with your specimen.  I think, that  the evolution characters from the juvenile stage to the adult stage are distinguishable in the specimen in question.

1.JPGWalaszczyk 2004.jpg

Ireneusz Piotr Walaszczyk. Inoceramids and inoceramid biostratigraphy of the Upper Campanian to basal Maastrichtian of the Middle Vistula River section, central Poland. Acta geologica Polonica · January 2004.  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285891953_Inoceramids_and_inoceramid_biostratigraphy_of_the_Upper_Campanian_to_basal_Maastrichtian_of_the_Middle_Vistula_River_section_central_Poland

Also here is a previous thread with same thema, which might help a little. Take a look :

• I found this Informative 4

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Re  Inoceramus.

I've always found this bivalve a bit of a puzzle. Hard sometimes to get a handle on the shape...especially as the two shells are often offset. Even  in the same deposit they would confuse me as I didnt know there were juvenile and adult stages in their shape.