Why we keep on finding so many dinosaurs.

DE&i

Awesome podcast!  Thanks so much for sharing.  As mentioned in the podcast, the series "Dino Hunt" is well worth the time to watch if you have an interest in dinosaurs.  I believe it was only available in Canada, but it can be found on YouTube by searching "Dino Hunt Canada."   It is a four part series, and has a runtime of about 45 minutes per episode.  

• I found this Informative 1

Excellent article thanks for posting. One could also state based on the number of dinosaur fossils found; how many more we do not find based on bias in the fossil record. 

...I'm back.

Wendy in the photo is best known for finding dino egg nests on her family's ranch near  Warner, Alberta.

That photo of the mummified hadrosaur rib cage has me curious.  I go down to the the Onefour area about once a year and now wonder  if I've walked by similar preservation and never recognized it.

Just  a note on new dino discoveries.  There are roamers and excavators. I'm a roamer...walk over the terrain for 8 hours constantly looking for 'stuff' or crawling around a site for microvertebrates. Then there are the excavators who spend time carefully digging up and preparing a particular specimen...they probably enjoyed making models when younger.

These days the excavators probably 'discover' the most new dinos when returning to known sites or preparing jacketed fossils in the lab.