Boar skull for trade

caldigger

Hello Paleopeeps!  I have a complete modern boar skull that I would like to trade for something a bit less modern (fossil).  The skull is 13" long, 5 1/2" wide at eye sockets and 7 1/2" tall. It has all the teeth and tusks.  A really neat item for you bone collectors.  I would like to trade this for fossil material.  Preferably mammal/ vertebrate (teeth, bones, etc.), but I am open to whatever really. I also like leaves, tree/ bark impressions, insect fossils, or what have you.  I am not expecting another fossil skull but maybe some bits and pieces of something.     Please PM me with what you have if you would like to see this bad boy on your mantel.  Due to the size, I would like to keep shipping to the U.S., thanks

caldigger

SAM_3463.JPG

SAM_3464.JPG

SAM_3465.JPG

SAM_3466.JPG

SAM_3470.JPG

Or in the daylight for that matter.

You can injure these things real bad and they will still keep coming at you. We had a hunter not long ago that was charged. He blew the boar's face in half with a .44 and still ended up with 30+ stitches before the beast dropped dead.

Formidable critters they are, when provoked.  I took a 240 pounder with a knife years ago (and the help of some hounds).  You are "all in" with such an undertaking...I didn't release my one arm headlock on that beast until it buckled sideways and succumbed to the knife wound.  Good thing my wife enjoys the rugged ugliness of its head in our living room.  Good times!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Wow, that's a really cool find!!! Imagine if it was fossilized:o

Anyways, I don't have much vertebrate material to trade, only tiny 'shards of bone' from the Netherlands.

As in non-vertebrate, I got a few ammonites from Europe, a few shells from the Netherlands, and some devil's toenails or shells in matrix from France...

But I don't think any of it is worth that skull, but if you are interested, send me a message! ;)

Greetings,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Sorry guys, but I have to keep the shipping to the U.S.  it is rather large to send out overseas and the cost would be prohibitive. 

I'm not asking for the world here folks.  If you have an interest, take a chance, PM me and let me see what you have.  It is a really nice skull. I just don't have the interest or room in my collection for modern pieces. I'm pretty easy with trades so give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure many people are interested, but most of them have or nothing to trade, or live too far away.

Or both, like me!:rofl:

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

Mr. Piggy is still up for grabs.  Halloween is right around the corner, and it's just what you need to finish off that "Lord of the Flies" costume!  I would like to see him go to a good home, just show me what you've got and let's make a trade.

2 hours ago, Vieira said:

I have interest but i live in Portugal :zzzzscratchchin:

Plus given what we went through with your last box, you likely wouldn't see the skull from your customs department till the end of 2018, if they were to release it at all.

I would really like to keep shipping confined to the U.S.  Any takers?

14 hours ago, caldigger said:

Plus given what we went through with your last box, you likely wouldn't see the skull from your customs department till the end of 2018, if they were to release it at all.

I know Doren :)

If it is to risk, it is preferable with a normal package.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2016 at 8:17 PM, caldigger said:

???

What happened with Filipe's package?

Max Derème

It took 2 1/2 months to get to him.  The Portugese customs department must have gone on an extended holiday as soon as it arrived.

On 11/1/2016 at 5:13 PM, caldigger said:

It took 2 1/2 months to get to him.  The Portugese customs department must have gone on an extended holiday as soon as it arrived.

Really? Thats a long time! When I sent a package to Filipe (for a blind trade), it arrived rather quickly to him.

Max Derème

7 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Really? Thats a long time! When I sent a package to Filipe (for a blind trade), it arrived rather quickly to him.

Yes Max, you are from Europe ^_^

The problem is with the US packages. But i already received some without problems...

5 hours ago, Vieira said:

Yes Max, you are from Europe ^_^

The problem is with the US packages. But i already received some without problems...

True, but 2 1/2 months is still a lot. I would expect something like about 2 or 3 weeks.

Max Derème

4 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

True, but 2 1/2 months is still a lot. I would expect something like about 2 or 3 weeks.

Here in Portugal the costum services are very complicated with US packages.

If the packages came in a envelope it's ok but if it came in a box they stay with those and require some documents like purchase evidence...etc

1 hour ago, Vieira said:

Here in Portugal the costum services are very complicated with US packages.

If the packages came in a envelope it's ok but if it came in a box they stay with those and require some documents like purchase evidence...etc

Oh ok, I didn't know that.

At the same time I kind of understand that, it makes sense they would get fussy with packages from other countries.

Max Derème

Porky is still looking for a new home, he wants to go with you.  He's a bit shy when it comes to cuddling, but is great with kids and would make a great watch boar. Won't you adopt him today?

I've already got a lot of those in front of my house.

I live out in the country, and people use my neighborhood for butchering their hunting kills, so I get carcasses of wild boar, deer, fish, etc. dumped around my area. When I go out for a walk I often grab a bone and bring it home, and throw it under the picture window.

Handling these modern bones is good education for people wanting to study vertebrate anatomy. Seeing pictures is one thing, but you learn a lot more by rotating the real thing in your hands.

I am including a small stand with this beast as well. Think of all the conversations this will inspire sitting on your coffee table.

Many years ago, I found a similar skull.  I meticulously scrubbed, cleaned and disinfected it.  That Xmas, my 10 year old nephew got a big paper bag with a bow on it.  :D  In spite of all the other gifts he received that day, he had to show anyone that visited his "cool skull".  He tells the same story to this day. 

This trade item might be seen from a new perspective.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Archived