Charleston, SC Fossil Hunt

Tomwith3girls

This last weekend my wife and I met up with some great people that we met here on TFF. Laurel and Matt are great people who was nice enough to show us around some good spots to hunt and a lot of information that we were just not aware of. I am happy to say that not only did we find some cool stuff, but we met some great people along the way and had a great time. Pics of the finds are below. Note, my wife Melissa was the lucky one finding the 3.2 " angustiden. She always finds the good stuff! 

Thank you again Laurel and Matt for a great time, we look forward to returning the favor and having you both come to NC to share some of our spots. 

I could use a little help on the identity of a couple things. 2nd pic, whale tympanic bulla? Also, 2nd pic, below the bulla, bones of some sort? 

IMG_13361.jpg

IMG_13371.jpg

Hey, those are really nice finds.  The Angustidens looks really nice.  Congrats to your wife and thanks for sharing.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Looks like you scored! Always best to let the wife find the good stuff--then she'll let you go out more often. ;)

I've met many fine people through the forum. Facebook friends are a dime a dozen but a good TFF friend can be a real treasure when you leave your computers and smart devices and meet up in the field to do what we all love--hunt fossils. Glad you had a great time--I always do when I'm out with TFF buddies.

Cheers.

-Ken

It was great to meet you and Melissa, Tom!  I am so glad that you guys found some really amazing things.  And, you cannot beat those gorgeous colours!!!  Look forward to our next trip!

Definitely, we were going to go hunting again this weekend but I think we're going to have to call it due to the weather.

My wife usually finds the most and nicest stuff as well. I'm just happy and fortunate that she loves to go as much as I do. Nice finds! Congrats!

Looks like a pretty nice haul you have there. It's great to meet with others who share your interests in fossils.