Mosasaur setup timelapse

bgreenstone

At the Denver show last month we were lucky enough to be able to purchase a full Mosasaur Haliasaurus Arambourgi skeleton which is 80% original.  Last week we assembled him on our dining room table, and we made a time lapse movie of it for your enjoyment:

This setup is only temporary.  We will be getting a new pedestal for him, and repainting the room to better display him.

-Brian

But after reading your sign, I so want to touch it!  

That thing looks cool. At least it's small enough to fit through a doorway to move it.

It will be displayed in the room you see in the video, but we are completely redoing the room.  New table more appropriately sized for him, we'll remove the extra stuff in there, and repaint.  

-Brian

Great video mate! Your mosasaur looks fantastic, what a terrific display piece to have, he'll certainly be a conversation starter!

That is really cool, Brian.  :fistbump:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks for the video - interesting to see the process. :) 

Great fossil - glad you are making it a centerpiece to your room. 

It deserves that kind of attention.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Wow!  That's Purdy dang cool.  Usually we only get to see a piece  of a moso, and here you have the intire fossil.   Nice!

RB

• 2 weeks later...

That is one of the coolest things I have seen! Please do not show my wife, she will definitely want one too. Very jealous!!  

:envy: 

:trilosurprise::drool::envy::faint:

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

That is a wonderful thing.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

:envy:

A full skull alone would be something big for me, but a full skeleton is just overkill. Nice skeleton!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Archived