Hallowe'en Spooky Fossils

Ridgehiker

Trick or Treat.

Preparing this years ghoulish display.

Two witches pots full of treats to hand out.  In one cauldron,  Halloween candies for the young  kids.  The older Treaters get a 'dead thing' if they are brave. They must creep pass the scary creatures and reach into the cauldron to grab a Hadrosaur vertebra.   Of course , a hand will try and grab them first. Scream!

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_5540.JPG

IMG_5541.JPG

IMG_5550.JPG

For sure!  Do the brave souls get anything to tell them what they have?  

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

13 minutes ago, caldigger said:

For sure!  Do the brave souls get anything to tell them what they have?  

For sure.  A half page with short description and skeleton of Hadrosaur with arrow to tail bone.  Kids here are dino savvy.

Then again, none may survive the fright. 

Your house looks like a fun place to visit on that night.  However, I'm not sure the temptation of receiving one of these awesome fossils is worth the risk of being scared to death.  I'm trembling so bad I can hardly type this.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Wow! I'd definately be after those vertebrae as a kid.

From grade school, I never had much fear of Halloween type stuff, but had a strong interest in fossils. As an 8 year old, I would have wlaked right up and plucked one out, barely noticing the other stuff. I was a weird little kid.

"I was a weird little kid."

"WAS"?!!!  As in past tense?  Whatever!  People don't really change, they just get older and greyer.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

HFVC, maybe we can charter a bus.  I'm sure we're not the only ones wanting to revive our trick or treating skills.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

"WAS"?!!! As in past tense? Whatever! People don't really change, they just get older and greyer.

--------------------------------

My son was even more weird. He was insulted by the costumes and refused to wear them. We couldn't get him to tell us why, but to go Trick or Treating we told him he at least had to carry his costume and show it to people. So he would ring the bell, look angry, and hold out his costume for inspection, and recieve his candy.

He has still never offered a satisfactory explaination for that behavior, but he always acted indignant about the whole thing.

22 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Okay, I know where I am going Trick or Treating. 

Ditto!

...I'm back.

1 hour ago, tmaier said:

"WAS"?!!! As in past tense? Whatever! People don't really change, they just get older and greyer.

--------------------------------

My son was even more weird. He was insulted by the costumes and refused to wear them. We couldn't get him to tell us why, but to go Trick or Treating we told him he at least had to carry his costume and show it to people. So he would ring the bell, look angry, and hold out his costume for inspection, and recieve his candy.

He has still never offered a satisfactory explaination for that behavior, but he always acted indignant about the whole thing.

Weird??? No! Your son is smart!

Check this out: 

"Hey kid, you like candy right!?"

Reply "yeah!"

"well to get some you have to pretend to be somebody else! And  dress up in this hideous outfit"

Kid going over in his head:("never tell a lie." "Don't make that face or it will get stuck on you." "don't eat too much candy or it will make you sick".......?...????...... !!  'It's a trap!')

Reply "Naw" 

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

HFVC, maybe we can charter a bus.  I'm sure we're not the only ones wanting to revive our trick or treating skills.

Sounds like a plan!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Canadawest said:

'Sort of' fossils leading up to our Halloween display.  First 

Trick or Treater. 

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5617.JPG

"Don't let go mommy!"...and she never did, Ever!!!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Hahaha!! Lmbo!!

not sure if this will get the same laughs, but I had fun making it!!

Aliens are real?

And then an attempt at a scary Spider video:

OR cute Spiders if that is more appealing:

You ever seen anything on those gargantuan spiders in Australia, they can take down a pigeon...now that's scary!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I can take the big spiders...I actually like to watch them.

What gives me the creepies in warmer climates are the ticks and bed bugs.  Ugh!  We used to go to Maui for a week each winter but...no way anymore...the bed bug Garden of Eden.

The ultimate spooky Hallowe'en costume would be a bloated tick with its legs wiggling.

Yes, I've seen those!  In south Texas I would catch and handle the tarantulas sometimes. 

Yes, chiggers, ticks and fleas I hate!! Fortunately never had a run in with bed bugs, and don't want to!!

Was traveling through the middle of nowhere Texas and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and had to stop for the night. The only place to stay I had found was a lone "Bates" type motel called the Stag Horn Inn or something along those lines. The lobby smelled like a very active outhouse, which should have been my first red flag.  

The room was absolutely alive with hundreds of  crickets that kept jumping and flying around. I understandably couldn't sleep very comfortably.  You can just imagine if the room had that much going on, I hate to think what the bed had crawling around in it.  I should have just slept in the car, but there was so much stuff packed in there, the seat couldn't even recline.

I am not one of those individuals that has an appreciation for the world of insects intertwining with my life. If they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

4 hours ago, caldigger said:

I am not one of those individuals that has an appreciation for the world of insects intertwining with my life. If they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone.

Haha! While I am more comfortable with, and interested in creepy crawlies during waking hours, my marriage bed is for my wife and I alone, and I don't want ANYTHING trying to come and visit. No bugs in the bed PLEASE!

yeah, I had one bad experience with a cheaper than dirt hotel.  I didn't sleep well.  I didn't sleep under the sheets.  I slept fully clothed on top of the bed on the two bath towels fully spread out. 

Happy Halloween everyone!

i know those decorations will be great fun, AND REAL FOSSILS that is just too cool!

ya'll take care, be safe and have fun!

Archived