Need help to identify these teeth

Stan Simpson

I really don't know anything about fossils, dino bones and teeth. I purchased a box of teeth and bones that were said to be dinosaur. Can anyone help to identify these teeth which are still set in a jaw. They are definitely petrified.

Thanks

MVC-644F.JPG

Stan, can you offer some more pictures from different sides,especially a straight on shot of the chewing surface. Do you have any information as to where these fossils were found?  Age of deposit and locality really aid in narrowing down needed information for a proper ID.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Sorry I'm new to this. I forgot to mention this jaw with teeth was found near Houston Tx while dredging. That's about all I know.

Thanks for the welcome. This bone is also fossilized and came from the same area as the teeth previously listed near Houston Tx. Can anyone identify?

MVC-667F.JPG

MVC-668F.JPG

MVC-670F.JPG

MVC-671F.JPG

MVC-672F.JPG

Hi @Stan Simpson,

Please use the Reply box below to add additional photos to your topic.  There is no need to create a New Topic in response to this Topic.  ;)  I have merged your topics into this one about the box of fossils you purchased.  Sorry to tell you that none of these are dinosaur related.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Bovid was also my thought, but I expected to see the occlusal view of the specimen. It would be nice to see it after my hesitation.
Good pictures, Stan Simpson, BTW ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

No change in ID, but good picture. This is the type of view that (almost) always is most important in the identification of mammal teeth. (Next important usually are side views since they allow us to see if the teeth are rooted or not and whether high crowned or low crowned.)

Thank you for the update. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library