Whats Point A Dam

tuscarora-th

When you post something as what seems to be a forum activity why dont you post further details? Perhaps you have, I just dont know where to look for it.

Thanks

ok I clicked on the title which took me to another page, but I really didnt learn much more. Where is it? what can you collect? When and where do you meet? Are there places to stay. Sorry, but it just seems that if there is an event that includes any and all forum memmbers, you would provide a little bit more of the pertinent info.

All of that info has been provided, you just didn't look well enough. It is in Alabama, the closest town is Andalusia. Eocene shark teeth are the quarry of the day. The meeting place is posted but I can't remember off the top of my head.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

All of that info has been provided, you just didn't look well enough. It is in Alabama, the closest town is Andalusia. Eocene shark teeth are the quarry of the day. The meeting place is posted but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Hawkeye, thank you so much for sharing that with me. I knew there was a good chance it was me as I still cant find where its posted.

Thank you,

Mike

Hey Grandpa,

How are things in Texas? I hope all is well. Thanks alot for the link. Unfortunately, now that I know the dates I cant come because Im going on vacation to the Finger Lakes region of NY. I hope to sniff out some fossils there and hopefully some not so intelligent trout. Hope your getting some time to collect. I bet your bucks are starting to show some pretty good antler growth by now. Stay well and let me know if you find anything exciting.

Thanks again,

Mike

Thanks Mike. Things are good here. Made a trip to OK over Memorial Day to collect in the Ord. age. Found a large variety of bracs, some trilos and some crinoid cups - nice stuff and a good time with good friends.

That may be my last long (4 days) trip for a while. The heat has set in down here and its affecting me more than usual this year. I can hunt for most of the day, but have to sit out the hottest part.

Haven't committed to Point A Dam yet. I'd love to go, but the heat and humidity might sideline me. It would be good to go somewhere where it has rained though. We in Austin sit in the driest part of the country right now. They've got a catagory I'd never heard of before this year: "exceptional drought" - worse than "extreme". We're the only part of the country that is experiencing "exceptional drought". We've been in this catagory all year. No fossils being eroded out down here. :angry:

Fortunately, my deer hunting land is in an area that is ONLY having "extreme" drought. My pond there still has H2O and the deer are looking ok for now.

I envy you the opportunity to do some trout fishing in the cool NE. Catch a few for me. I like mine fried in bacon grease and served with eggs for breakfast - but then who doesn't.

Hope things are well in PA.

Tom