One Large Baculite!

RJB

can't wait to see it when it's all done, I keep looking at my big concretion, trying to work up the nerve and see if that ammonite will split out.

Cool find. your lucky to have the wherewithall to put it back together. I'd have probably thrown my hands up in disgust at myself! :rolleyes:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Your good at that! I would have already glued my fingers together. I can't wait to see it when it's done!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

We went out to a mans Ranch in Decatur Texas , Askey's , he had some 3' long impressions , truly amazing .

I think the DPS swarms it on occasion (Askey's Ranch) .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Archived