Paleodigs 2009 Dig Season Progress

Dave Daniel AKA (Bones)

Hi Guys,

I have been very busy for the last month in the field.

Heres a link for a quick update on how our guest are doing.

One notible find was a complete Dinitis cat skeleton.

Season is booked through June and first of July.

Still have a few spots available the last couple of digs through July.

Rain has uncovered an unbelievable amount of bone. Everyone is coming out with skulls and turtles.

Click on this link to see what happening

http://home.earthlink.net/~benefitservices...seasonprogress/

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Glad your busy, must be fun. :P

Please keep us posted with photos of this skeleton.:)

Great stuff, your lucky to find it all before the weather grinds it to dust.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Awesome finds! Just looking at the picts of you dragging that cat made me tired!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Dude, I know I should have booked that slot.You told me what to expect! I had no idea....I know now!!!!!!!!!!

Great finds for the opener! Keep us informed ....puleeeze!

I wanna go!! Barry I'll go with you and keep you company, if you'll pay my way!! :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I wanna go!! Barry I'll go with you and keep you company, if you'll pay my way!! :D

DONE!!!! ................................................................................

........June fools :P

Dude, I know I should have booked that slot.You told me what to expect! I had no idea....I know now!!!!!!!!!!

Great finds for the opener! Keep us informed ....puleeeze!

It's been a t#rd floater since we left. More Bones.

Hey it sounds like you have a good offer on the table.

That is awsome. I know the rain has uncovered a ton of stuff here. I have found 2/3 of my specimins this summer b/c of all of the weather.

DONE!!!! ................................................................................

........June fools :P

Ahhh, come on Barry! I'll even let you keep half of what I find!

Alfred North Whithead

Awesome finds! Just looking at the picts of you dragging that cat made me tired!

Actually, dragging across the flats wasn't so bad. The flats were slick as elephant snot so it was like pulling it across the snow.

It was tough getting it back up the cliff to the base camp though. We looked like Abbot and Costello.

Actually, dragging across the flats wasn't so bad. The flats were slick as elephant snot so it was like pulling it across the snow.

It was tough getting it back up the cliff to the base camp though. We looked like Abbot and Costello.

LOL!! Yeah I guess elephant snot would be slick! I would have loved to see your impression of Abbot and Costello.

Wish I had the money to come and dig up there. Doesn't look like Barry is gonna take me up on my offer. Maybe If I start saving now I can swing it next summer.

Alfred North Whithead

Glad your busy, must be fun. :P

Please keep us posted with photos of this skeleton.:)

I will not be able to even crack the plaster jacket until dig season is over, probably the end of September.

It will be hard waiting until then to begin prep.

I will not be able to even crack the plaster jacket until dig season is over, probably the end of September.

It will be hard waiting until then to begin prep.

Bring it down here and we can sip beers and prep it on my living room table :D

Ahhh, the bachelors life :P

Bring it down here and we can sip beers and prep it on my living room table :D

Ahhh, the bachelors life :P

Man, I would love to but I am going to be tied up with other digs through the summer.

Got some Texas people coming. Hopefully, they will bring some BBQ with em.