My Links To Virtual Fossil Field Trips

Guest Inyo

Guest Inyo

Over at http://inyo.110mb.com/dv/dvfossils.htm#virtualfieldtrips I have all of my virtual fossil field trips linked, including visits to the Sharktooth Hill Bone Bed, California (Middle Miocene shark teeth and sea mammal bones; Early Cambrian trilobites in the Marble Mountains, California; the Kettleman Hills, California (Pliocene mollusks and sand dollars); Union Wash, California (early Triassic ammonoids); the great Mudmound near Beatty, Nevada (Ordovician brachiopods, echinoderms, sponges); Pleistocene Manix Lake, California (late Pleistocene mammals and mollusks); and Buffalo Canyon, Nevada (Middle Miocene leaves and seeds).

Are you the same Inyo from the CA forum?

Always enjoyed your trip reports and so very glad to

have your link again! Have been through 2 computers and lost

all links etc.

Welcome to the forum!

Guest Inyo
Are you the same Inyo from the CA forum?

Always enjoyed your trip reports and so very glad to

have your link again! Have been through 2 computers and lost

all links etc.

Yes, indeed, the one and the same. Thanks much for the very kind words. A number of folks from the old CA Forum might recollect that I used to have all of my sites housed with a different ISP (than the one I'm using now for my pages), but around Halloween last year the powers that be pulled the plug on all of their members' web space. Took me awhile before I settled on a new provider. I'm hoping that I can keep them up and running for quite some time now.

What a resource for the shop-bound fossil fan; thank you, thank you, thank you!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That is a ton info thanks for sharing it.

And welcome to the forum

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Over at http://inyo.110mb.com/dv/dvfossils.htm#virtualfieldtrips I have all of my virtual fossil field trips linked, including visits to the Sharktooth Hill Bone Bed, California (Middle Miocene shark teeth and sea mammal bones; Early Cambrian trilobites in the Marble Mountains, California; the Kettleman Hills, California (Pliocene mollusks and sand dollars); Union Wash, California (early Triassic ammonoids); the great Mudmound near Beatty, Nevada (Ordovician brachiopods, echinoderms, sponges); Pleistocene Manix Lake, California (late Pleistocene mammals and mollusks); and Buffalo Canyon, Nevada (Middle Miocene leaves and seeds).

Thanks Inyo! I missed your website..a wealth of information! Glad it's up and running again!

• 2 years later...

I just re-discovered this posting I made "long ago." And I note that the address to my web page is incorrect. Late last year (that would be 2011) I had to move all of my paleontology-related pages over to a new web-hosting outfit. The new address for my listing of virtual fossil field trips is http://inyo.coffeecup.com/site/dv/dvfossils.htm#virtualfieldtrips .

Links To My Virtual Fossil Field Trips

thanks for the update Inyo, can't say I hear enough about Nevadas' fossils... :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

I second that, Carmine... Nevada and Utah I say....look like great places to collect.

Was nice to see some of these pages again, Inyo, I hadn't seen them since I first joined TFF.

• 5 years later...

The links are all dead. Inyo's terrific virtual trips seem to have all vanished from the web. Anyone know what happened? This is one of the reasons I still use libraries. Books don't disappear just because you didn't pay your web host.

“When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.” - Jack Handy

Archived