$30 Paleontological Society memberships w Free Journal of Paleontology Access

DPS Ammonite

The Paleontological Society in Boulder, Colorado announced $30 memberships to the society. The president, Arnie Miller, announced the creation of a “new regular-membership category for amateur/avocational paleontologists.  This category, which formally takes effect at the start of 2017, carries all the privileges of the existing regular-membership category, but at a discounted annual rate of $30.”

See details of membership: http://paleosoc.org/benefits-of-membership-in-the-paleontological-society/

Benefits of membership include:

•Online access to the Journal of Paleontology and Paleobiology

•Treatise Online—complete chapters of upcoming volumes of the Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology

•Substantial discounts on hard copy volumes of the Treatise and other paleontology books

•Member-only discounts on registration fees for annual and regional meetings of the Geological Society of America

•Research grant opportunities for students

The online access to the Journal of Paleontology, alone, is worth the price of membership. Check it out.

• I found this Informative 6

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

:dinothumb:

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

'Bout time they dropped the price a little. I've was disappointed with their transition to Cambridge Online for their journal as it took quite some time. They seem to have things in order now and I do heartily recommend joining because some of the articles they publish are really fascinating!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/