Shop Upgrade

Ptychodus04

The shop got an upgrade this week. Mount making just got easier with a new 2 burner propane forge. This will allow me to shape steel for mounts and stands much more efficiently than the old coal forge I was using. I can also modify/make specialty digging tools now! The options are limitless...  :muahaha:

Forge.JPG

Awesome!

I switched to propane 3 years ago and immediately wondered why I hadn't done it sooner.

Here's my homemade forge (I can't claim the burners, they came from Zoeller forge). Also, please ignore the mess :)20161014_195124.jpg

I think nobody realizes how much they need a propane forge until they have one :)

What size tank are you planning on using? I found a single 20 lb tank would freeze up when using both burners, so I linked 2 of them. 

Well,,, arent you guys just Mr. Handy.  Neet stuff for sure, but the last thing I need is another hobbie or job.  and hey Kris, I just may have to use your services one of these days.

RB

On 10/14/2016 at 7:24 PM, DNF said:

Awesome!

I switched to propane 3 years ago and immediately wondered why I hadn't done it sooner.

Here's my homemade forge (I can't claim the burners, they came from Zoeller forge). Also, please ignore the mess :)20161014_195124.jpg

I think nobody realizes how much they need a propane forge until they have one :)

What size tank are you planning on using? I found a single 20 lb tank would freeze up when using both burners, so I linked 2 of them. 

That's quite a forge! I was planning to use a 20# tank but I'm thinking a 75# or 100# might be best in the long run. Unfortunately, they are $$$$.

On 10/15/2016 at 10:10 AM, RJB said:

Well,,, arent you guys just Mr. Handy.  Neet stuff for sure, but the last thing I need is another hobbie or job.  and hey Kris, I just may have to use your services one of these days.

RB

We have to do something to stand out from this crowd! Way too many talented people here. I'm ready when you are. This makes the mount building process much easier for sure.