Discard Pile Trades

IonRocks

A while ago a thread was made for discard pile trades, where people would trade their unwanted/common/low quality fossils they've collected in exchange for someone else's excess fossils. 

I have discards from the following formations that I'm willing to trade: Green River Formation, Pierre Shale, and the Wheeler Shale.

If anyone is interested, I am willing to ship over seas

Just a couple examples of what I have (low quality mass mortality triloplates, comeplete and incomplete trilobites, incomplete or unusually split knightia)

I also have a Mioplosus that split very unusually, so only the head is exposed, (because the head is much more inflated than the body)

split into three layers

Pierre shale I have tons of burrows (likely shrimp burrows) as well as low quality shells/or shell inflils.

If you are interested in anything specific, just ask for pics of them

im willing to trade for anything I don't already have

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5401.JPG

Hey, I might be interested in some of your fossils...

But first, I would like to ask you: what is the fossil in the first pic, top-right corner? And what are the things in the display? Finally, what are the things in the box of the second picture?

Thank you for the info!

Max

Btw, I live in the Netherlands, just so you know.

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

In the display are mass mortality plates, there is about two layers of (poorly preserved) trilobites on those. 

Top right corner- I believe is just a mineral stain with a few small trilobites on the back

in the box is miscellaneous brachiopods/other shells/crinoid stems

forgot to include: I also have miscellaneous merrit creek Florida microfossils that aren't particularly interesting to me

Still got tons of Pierre shale specimens, (more shells available than before), some partial fish, micro fossils, mass mortality plates, etc

if anyone is interested in the mioplosus, just PM me

I have some larger/more complete Pierre shale shells around now, those are for trade too. (Pics coming soon)

This would be a good idea to help out a college with their collection...but shipping would have to be reimbursed. Includes trilobite pygidiums and brachiopods from Black Cat Mountain, Pennsylvanian ferns from Oklahoma, crinoid hash plates, etc. 

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

• 1 month later...

@IonRocks, please check your pm's :) Sent you a message.

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

• 1 month later...

I'm always looking for trilobites from other locations to practice prep work on. Broken/incomplete samples are always on my watch list. Let me know if you're interested in any Penn Dixie material. (Eldredgeops rana, Greenops boothi bits, corals, crinoid segments, brachs, etc.)

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA