Ron Bushell Private eye

RJB

It was late,  my back against an old brick building.  Light rain comin down.  Felt a bit cold.  Pulled up the coller on my trench coat.  Wondering how long ive been standing here.  I realize there is a glare on the street from the lamp post.   I pull the brim of my hat down.   Then I see her.  I tell myself to stay calm,,,, keep cool.   I take the last drag off my ciggerett and flip the butt onto the street.  The orange glow snuffed out immediately.   I study her from underneath my hat brim.    I can tell she has been worked on before.   I don't move.  I keep studying her.  I can tell that she needs work.  Just need time.  I know the sun will be up soon.  Ive got her where I want her.  She will be a real looker.  Just need time. 

Ron Bushell

Private eye

DSCN0668.JPG

• Enjoyed 4

That's funny Raggedy Man.  I thought of using that at first, but decided it wouldn't quite fit my story line.  Thanks for the suggestion though.  Maybe I will use that for a story starter in the future.

RB

Ok, I was a bit silly on that first post, but just having fun.  Ive prepped out soooooooooo many crabs that Im now looking for new ways to post?  Ha!!  Anways, I finished this one up today.  This crab was sittin on my prep bench for 3 or 4 years and has been in the background of many many photos ive posted of other crabs and other things.  This crab was put aside because it was literally covered in calcite!!!  Just didn't want to deal with it.  The sad thing was, the calcite was glued to the shell material by mother nature and I had to use the 'side' of the stylus to prep it out.  I hate that, but I didn't have a choice.  Still, came out purty dang good.  I also had to go underneath to get to the tips of the claws and those were also very very difficult to prep out.  Uuuuuugh!!!  Anyways, one more crab finished up. 

RB

DSCN0669.JPG

DSCN0670.JPG

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

I enjoyed your first post, Private Eye Ron. TFF-Excited-Trilobite-Emoji-30px.gif 

That crab is gorgeous.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

• 4 years later...

An old post but one of my favorites.  Just wanted to post it again.  Thanks to Tim for finding it for me.  The collection has grown a bit since I posted this. 

RB

DSCN1814.JPG

• Enjoyed 7

For next encounter, I’ll be expecting the Pink Panther theme in the background.

C64BB71E-CF9F-4B14-9E81-1D6381A41878.jpeg

• I Agree 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

This is a classic post! :) 

Glad you brought it up again, Ron. :D 

• I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

It's always nice to get a peek inside the Bushell Natural History Museum. That's quite the pile of dead crustaceans you're accumulated sir.

• I Agree 1

I loved your original post Ron! Thanks for reviving the old thread. :) 

I see that the private eye got his girl, or two, or three... Just look at the legs on all those crabs! :wub:

• Thank You 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I don't want to spread rumors but I think @RJB has crabs...   :default_rofl:

Well... I keep hearing there's something fishy about you, so....

• Enjoyed 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Pretty please start all of your prep posts in this manner, it’s brilliant! I like a good ‘40s sleuth fossil novel. :look:

• Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 1:33 AM, Sjfriend said:

Holy crab that a lot of crustaceans!

He is the crab king!

• Thank You 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin