Penn Dixie Fundraiser 2016

DevonianDigger

Hello all! I am throwing myself at the mercy of the community in the hopes that I might stumble across a kind and generous person or two who may be interested in helping to support the continued growth of the Penn Dixie Paleontological and Outdoor Education Center in Hamburg, NY. 

Many of you have been to the site, or hope to go to the site in the future. As one of the nation's top fossil parks, the importance of the site should go without saying. The continued support of the local community as well that of organizations and generous individuals allows the site to not only remain open to the public, but also to grow and provide a more robust and enjoyable experience for both professionals and amateurs alike.

This Nov. 3rd, the Hamburg Natural History Society, (the parent organization of Penn Dixie,) will be hosting an annual fundraiser. I am approaching the Fossil Forum community in the hopes that I can talk some generous souls into donating fossil specimens from other parts of the globe for auction at the event. The organization is, of course, a non-for-profit and your contribution can be counted as a write-off. Anyone interested in helping to support this wonderful site and guarantee its existence for future generations, please feel free to DM me for additional information. 

Thank you all in advance!

Jay (DevonianDigger)

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

I am replying to mark this while I am at work so I don't miss it when I get home at midnight.

I will dig you up something.

Thank you @FossilDudeCO! If you want to shoot me a DM when you get home I can also make arrangements to shoot you over a little something for your troubles. I'm running depressingly low on complete trilobites, but I can send over a few cool cephalons, corals and brachs. (I would just auction those, but... who's going to bid on something they can find at the site :P)

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Archived