Second Annual TFF Secret Santa

IonRocks

Yes, please do participate!

lets make the turn out better than last year! 

Theres only 15 Days

I should note, Raptor Lover won't be helping organize due to his new (I believe) job

Sorry to be late, I am in too.

I do international.

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Just 10 days left to put yourself on Santa's nice list (all the rest of you will go on his other list!) Join the fun and get a chance to get items you may never have the chance to get on your own. I can't wait for Santa to deliver presents to my mailbox. Please join in and celebrate this year with a big fossiliferous fa-la-la-la-la.

santa.jpg

Thanks Mike, I knew my threat of the naughty list would create some kind of action. Now lets see a lot more play!

OK kiddies, you have less than a week to make sure you stay off of the naughty list!  Hurry up and sign on to get your great gift box. Will you get that awesome fossil you've always wanted? You will never know unless you play the Secret Santa game.

Get on board and join all the rest of the lucky ones that are going to play. Time is running down, so get your name in the hat (Santa's hat, that is).

Well I expect I'm already on the naughty list, but I'm happy to hop over the boards and join the game. U.S. only, I'm sorry to say.

:tff: :meganim:     

Mike

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

count me in!! USA

Time's are tough Mr. Caldigger.  I know that not everyone has great items and I'm just happy to join in and share. Texas has pretty much the same fossil's but it's the joy of finding that premium specimen.

Happy Holidays fellow hunter and collectors. Remember it's the Joy of giving not the wondering if you get a lump of coal...  Oh?? wait that is a fossil in a mineral form.

You only have until tomorrow to sign up for this years Super Stupendous Secret Santa Surprise Stocking Stuffer Sendoff. Get your name in quick or you just may get that lump of coal Mitch was talking about.

Just do it now!

Okay guys, no more participants, I'll be giving everyone a member to send to within the next day :)

if you haven't PM'd me an address yet, please do so now.

Thanks for encouraging people in my absence @caldigger @Fossil Claw

Okay! Everyone should have someone to send to (and therefore someone sending to them) except one person (you know who you are) who we are patiently waiting on an address for. (if you have not gotten an address yet and I haven't already talked to you please PM me ASAP)

Thanks to everyone for giving :)

Whenever you receive (and choose to open, if for some reason you'd like to wait) post a picture of the cool fossils you've been gifted. 

Have a wonderful winter everyone!

OK, I got mine locked, loaded, in the post and on the way.

I hope everybody has a happy and joyous holiday season.  Thank you Parker and Cameron for setting this up.

21 hours ago, Fossil Claw said:

Don't forget to post a picture of the goodies you receive!

Ooh, yes please! Even though I can't participate this year, I still have a lot of interest in what everyone receives, so please post pictures!!!

Happy Christmas!

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Am I the first to receive my Secret Santa package??? Anticipating coal for the way I behaved this year, I was pleasantly surprised to receive some goodies from the Georgian Bay Formation/ upper Ordovician. Hope everyone enjoys their gift as much as I do. Merry Xmas to everyone.  

Mike

DSC_0049-001.JPG

Parcel dispatched today, and according to Japan post, it should arrive at destination this week-end (3 or 4 days) if there is no delay (customs).

On 12/6/2016 at 6:42 PM, minnbuckeye said:

Am I the first to receive my Secret Santa package??? Anticipating coal for the way I behaved this year, I was pleasantly surprised to receive some goodies from the Georgian Bay Formation/ upper Ordovician. Hope everyone enjoys their gift as much as I do. Merry Xmas to everyone.  

Mike

DSC_0049-001.JPG

Those are really cool! What are they though? Crinoids, belemnites, or something else?

Thanks for posting,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

11 hours ago, ynot said:

"do not open until boxing day"

Is there any other instruction like "open if united win, in case city win please distroy the package"?

On 12/9/2016 at 6:59 AM, Max-fossils said:

Those are really cool! What are they though? Crinoids, belemnites, or something else?

Thanks for posting,

Max

Hi Max!

I've attached a picture with items circled in different colours to help explain what I THINK you're seeing:

DSC_0049-001.JPG.a0bb0b06822fd5293ca3a0fd40984b97.JPG

red - orthoconic nautiloids

blue - crinoid stem/columnals

yellow - bryozoans

purple - gastropod

green - bivalve

Happy Holidays to you and to all on TFF!:)

Monica

Sorry Max. I have been away (Chicago) and didn't get a chance to respond to you. Apparently,  SECRET Santa did my explanations for me . Thanks Monica!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Archived