Second Annual TFF Secret Santa

IonRocks

And Santa Claus came today to Japan too. :D

Luckily for me no coal inside the package (would have been a bum ;) ).

Received awesome miocene and pleistocene fossils from California.

With last year santa (Ynot, thank you agian for the awesome teeth) and this year's one, california has definitely entered my bucket list.

Here the picture:

20161210_212251.jpg 

Content: 

Pinnixa galliheri (pea crab)

piece of whale bone with predatory mark

Indet. clam plate

Dendraster ashleyi (echinoid cluster)

Penniped vertebra

various sea shells (slipper oyster, Olivella loiplicata, bivalves)

Viviparus sp.

Dolphin tooth

Partial Desmostylus teeth

Bottle of micro fossils (requiem shark, angel shark, basking shark, topet shark, drumfish tooth, ray teeth)

Mako tooth

Cosmopolitodus hastalis tooth

Istalis planus tooth

Galeocerdo contortus tooth

Galeocerdo oduncus tooth

Carcharodon carcharias tooth

Anadara staminea

Hexanchus andersoni tooth

Dear Santa, thank you very much for these exceptionnal fossils.

Merry Christmas to all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

On 12/9/2016 at 5:13 AM, David in Japan said:

Is there any other instruction like "open if united win, in case city win please distroy the package"?

No other instructions. This leaves Me with quite a dilemma as I deplore fisticuffs, and have not had a "boxing day" since My misguided and angry youth.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

21 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Sorry Max. I have been away (Chicago) and didn't get a chance to respond to you. Apparently,  SECRET Santa did my explanations for me . Thanks Monica!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Secret Santa?  Not sure what that's all about -- I was just trying to be helpful. ;)

Hello all,

Due to some family circumstances my shipment for Secret Santa has been delayed.

its all packed & ready to go but have spent most of my time in hospital visiting my (very)  ill mother  last week.

Sante will ship tomorrow.

So there is one USA based recipent (wont tell his name though :-) ) who will recieve his package a bit later.

Sorry

pat

5 hours ago, Seaforth said:

Hello all,

Due to some family circumstances my shipment for Secret Santa has been delayed.

its all packed & ready to go but have spent most of my time in hospital visiting my (very)  ill mother  last week.

Sante will ship tomorrow.

So there is one USA based recipent (wont tell his name though :-) ) who will recieve his package a bit later.

Sorry

pat

Coprolite happens!

Best wishes to You Mother!!

Tony

I do not want to jinx but the parcel i sent was presented to chicago import customs on the 9th and is in retention since then :wacko:.

46 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

I do not want to jinx but the parcel i sent was presented to chicago import customs on the 9th and is in retention since then :wacko:.

This past year I have sent 2 parcels that went into USA through Chicago; both times they were stuck there for over 2 weeks but arrived safely in the end. I guess Chicago customs is busy and slow. They have only had your parcel for 3 working days (it's not yet 6am Wednesday there) so don't worry yet :)

Wow, Santa was really generous to you! You must of been a very good boy this year! I would of been happy with just that pink hued ammo in the first pick.:ammonite01:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

23 hours ago, sdsnl said:

This past year I have sent 2 parcels that went into USA through Chicago; both times they were stuck there for over 2 weeks but arrived safely in the end. I guess Chicago customs is busy and slow. They have only had your parcel for 3 working days (it's not yet 6am Wednesday there) so don't worry yet

Indee, maybe I am worrying a little bit too quickly.  Can't help about that.

Hong Kong banned collecting in 1997, so I am not able to collect here. This is the stuff of my dreams!

thank you so much to the one who sent me this!!!!!

image.jpg

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

BTW, I am so sorry to whoever I sent to, I gave him such a tiny present because I just couldn't get enough fossils for him! I haven't got much fossils, I am completely new to collecting, it is the best I can do. Especially as he has such a large collection!:(

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

6 minutes ago, fossiling said:

BTW, I am so sorry to whoever I sent to, I gave him such a tiny present because I just couldn't get enough fossils for him! I haven't got much fossils, I am completely new to collecting, it is the best I can do. Especially as he has such a large collection!:(

No need to apologize. That's the reason there is a suggested value limit on the gift.

Lots of members that find theirre own fossils are extra generous with their Santa gift and go all out to share with fellow members.

It's the joy of sharing whatever you have to share that's the reason for the Secret Santa.

As long as you tried to follow the gift guidelines I am sure your recipient will be happy with your gift.

1 hour ago, fossiling said:

We all do what We can, it is the fun of collecting that drives Us!!:dinothumb:

Merry Christmas Y'All!!

Ynot

Wow, there's some great stuff this year. Looks like you've got some teeth to sort @fossiling 

Moroccan stuff? Looks like shark teeth mostly, but I think I see a mossasuar tooth in there. 

We all give what we can, it's mostly giving that matters here :) 

Well for as many members that participated in this years event, there hasn't been that many posts of the gotten goods. I can understand the delay in receiving overseas packages, but there should be more US gifts already delivered.  Are a lot of you waiting till the little jolly elf gives you your other presents?

IMG_0092.JPG

@caldigger

Wow Doren!

Your secret Santa hooked you up! Look at all that pretty gift wrap.

I don't know why you are opening them in the front yard though.....

Trips? Don't people have priorities anymore? Do they not realize there are members out there anxiously waiting in the fridged snow by their mailboxes with tears welling up in theirs eyes wondering if Santa forgot them this year?!

Thinking to themselves, " Have I really been that bad? Could Santa really hate me that much? Am I destend to have a fossilless Christmas?" 

Oh the pains we go through for a little bit of Paleo satisfaction. I can see them now, humming "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...for my T-Rex".

Have patience my friends, you poor souls. Someday guys, someday.

Archived