Second Annual TFF Secret Santa

IonRocks

25 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

I can say that the package i send arrived in time, but no picture posted yet.

Same here . The one I sent arrived before Christmas but has not been post yet.

I'll message around tonight or tomorrow as a reminder to post pictures and to see who hasn't received their gift :)

Happy new year from japan. I have already spend 26 minutes in 2017 and i can say to people still in 2016 that for now it looks like a good year :D

• I found this Informative 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Happy New Year! Got these three days ago from my Secret Santa. Tank you so much and I apologize for taking so long to take pictures and post! Not only did I get some cool fossils, but I now know what a graptolite is! I had a plate of them from collecting somewhere unfamiliar a few years back and and brought it home, knowing it was an impression of something but having little hope of even figuring out which kingdom it belonged to. They are not the same type as this plate, but digging to understand the ID sheet sure helped me figure out a mystery!

IMG_4784.jpg fish scales

IMG_4785.jpgplants

IMG_4786.jpgbrachiopod

IMG_4787.jpgtrilobite cephaolon

IMG_4788-sm.jpggraptolites

IMG_4789.jpgclam

IMG_4790.jpgcephalopod

IMG_4791.jpgbrachiopods and a trilobite

IMG_4792.jpgsomebody's rib bone

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

I must be on the naughty list :( (though patiently waiting with hopes that it is not the case)...I will have to change my ways for 2017 :).

• I found this Informative 1

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

2 hours ago, PFOOLEY said:

I must be on the naughty list :( (though patiently waiting with hopes that it is not the case)...I will have to change my ways for 2017 :).

One more :wacko::shakehead:

1 hour ago, Vieira said:

Me too I think Santa did the good kids first ... New years post will start again soon :D

Glad to see I am not the only one waiting!

5 hours ago, PFOOLEY said:

3 hours ago, Vieira said:

1 hour ago, StormDancer said:

Me too I think Santa did the good kids first ... New years post will start again soon :D

I got mine pretty early, but my camera is no longer behaving. I got an amazing package with all kinds of great Ordovician pieces. Some blastoids, trilobites, even a nice celphalopod. Can't wait to take pictures and share them! I have no clue at all who my Santa was, but they were good to me! Hope the recipient of my modest offering was also pleased. Happy New Year all!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

11 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

I got mine pretty early, but my camera is no longer behaving. I got an amazing package with all kinds of great Ordovician pieces. Some blastoids, trilobites, even a nice celphalopod. Can't wait to take pictures and share them! I have no clue at all who my Santa was, but they were good to me! Hope the recipient of my modest offering was also pleased. Happy New Year all!

That would be me. Enjoy prepping the Trilobites.

Just now, Fossil Claw said:

That would be me. Enjoy prepping the Trilobites.

Thank you so much! There are some seriously cool pieces in there! Definitely way more than I was expecting, and such a huge variety. I can't wait to share photos again!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

I've sent a couple messages to make sure things have shipped. I'll see when I can manage to send reminders to post pictures of their gifts (my computer is failing, and messaging on my phone is rather time consuming) 

but so far most missing packages are accounted for in unfortunate shipping or customs taking its sweet time.

Found this little guy, inside the olivella my santa kindly send me. Another addition of awesomeness to an already cool present. 

20170104_183614.jpg

54 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

Found this little guy, inside the olivella my santa kindly send me. Another addition of awesomeness to an already cool present. 

20170104_183614.jpg

What is it?

11 minutes ago, sdsnl said:

What is it?

Hermit crab. We can see the limbs.

I received my Secret Santa package last night, i will upload pics when i am able!

All I can say is either, I was the best behaved TFF member for 2016 or Santa is bribing me to be better in 2017!

Whatever the reasoning Santa has I am EXCITED!

I got a collection of lovely trilobite parts Europe!

1 minute ago, FossilDudeCO said:

I received my Secret Santa package last night, i will upload pics when i am able!

All I can say is either, I was the best behaved TFF member for 2016 or Santa is bribing me to be better in 2017!

Whatever the reasoning Santa has I am EXCITED!

I got a collection of lovely trilobite parts Europe!

Photos or it didn't happen! Lol

David, take a look at the remaining matrix on the Viviparus snail under magnification. There were quite a few tiny gastropods attached I wanted to leave on there for display enjoyment. Little hitchhikers if you will.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Guess I am not on the naughty list after all. Received my parcel today..... good things come in small packages from a very long way away...... Will try to a few pictures up as soon as I can...... Everything was from places that I will surely never get to collect in ... and drumroll... i now have my first insect fossil among other goodies.

Thank you secret Santa......

5 hours ago, Vieira said:

I'm still waiting for my Secret Santa :shakehead:

There are more members who have not received their?

I am still patiently waiting

On 1/9/2017 at 5:23 PM, Malcolmt said:

Guess I am not on the naughty list after all. Received my parcel today..... good things come in small packages from a very long way away...... Will try to a few pictures up as soon as I can...... Everything was from places that I will surely never get to collect in ... and drumroll... i now have my first insect fossil among other goodies.

Thank you secret Santa......

Welllll!!!  Where are those pics?

Dorensigbadges.JPG