Maryland Bone

i found this tooth in a ditch near summerville. it was laying on the bottom and im not sure what the different formations look like. it was a lot of whitish rocks sitting on top of light colored clay in the banks and the same clay on the bottom of the creek/ditch. from what i looked up the hawthorne formation was around the area but i dont know too much still new at this. is this an angustidens? its over 3 1/2 inches. and the root looks different than the others i found but ive never found one over 3. thought maybe it was an auriculata after looking at some pictures.

20161022_150907.jpg

hi and welcome to the fossil forum. The tooth looks a angustidens to me and it almost looks like its pathological as well if so great find

Believe it is Angustidens with a little patho to the blade, the blade and dental band have some deformity. Nice find, Summerville are produces some very nicely preserved and colorful teeth 

Tom

017.JPG

calico angy.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

thanks everyone! pretty stoked. my first trip to summerville. found a lot of teeth. its really cool finding them in the creeks there. and yea some of the colors are really nice, almost tie dyed.

Archived