Hey we're new here's our best finds in the past year! :D

HoneyHolers

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut. :) 

That is an impressive collection from the past year. 

Thanks for showing us. 

Welcome, again.

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome, Nice stuff...

Whats the item in 2nd photo, 3rd beige colored one down on the left. Is that a vertebra or something else? Regards, Chris 

Sweet collection you've got going on there, thanks for

sharing: )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

26 minutes ago, Plantguy said:

Welcome, Nice stuff...

Whats the item in 2nd photo, 3rd beige colored one down on the left. Is that a vertebra or something else? Regards, Chris 

Hey Plantguy! Yeah those are a couple of vertebrae, although we're not sure what from. 

7 minutes ago, Jniederkorn said:

Great finds! Looks like you are hooked.  I like the squalodon tooth in the 4th photo. 

Me too!  Finding shark teeth is always great, but I tend to like finding the unusual pieces that one doesn't normally find.  Some of your stuff definitely fits that bill.  I think the light colored item on the right side of your second photo is a whale tooth.  I have several similar from Shark Tooth Hill, CA.

Are all these things from the Atlanta area?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Wow, thanks for all the replies everyone! We are definitely hooked on this hobby, borderline obsession heh.

The ID section sounds like exactly what we need for some of these finds. We will get some detail photos of the items in question and make a post to hopefully get some I.Ds! There are quite a few we don't know at all but kept in hopes of learning what they are. We still have so much to learn about these fellas!

As far as where all these were found, everything but the third picture, were found in South Carolina (Summerville region), and the third picture are all finds from Amelia island. Both places we visit frequently.

Thanks again everyone :)