Fossil Locale

FossilDudeCO

Hey guys and gals, 

We had a donation at our museum recently from an estate that I could use some help with.

All of the whale pieces parts (verts, humerus, ribs, etc.) are numbered and have little tags, FANTASTIC right?

But unfortunately we have Jurassic and Cretaceous age rocks and fossils and can't really incorporate Miocene aged things into the displays or outreach.

We are trying to figure out what to do with them, but are having issues with the location. It is marked on the tags as:

SCIENTISTS CLIFFS, MD.

Obviously Maryland, but has anyone every heard of Scientists Cliffs?

Is this a location that is open to the public? Was it on private lands? Any further information someone can offer would be GREAT!

I can snap some pictures if people would like to see them, we really seriously can't use them unless they could be traded.

Thanks all!

-Blake

Scientists Cliffs is part of Calvert Cliffs.  Same fauna.  Choptank Formation & Calvert Formation 

Think access is very limited and not open to public  

Screenshot_20161024-095858.jpg

See page 20 in attached pdf

Calvert.pdf

Thank you @Troodon!

So being limited access and not open to the public....I imagine there is probably nothing we can do with these eh?

Sorry wrong use of language.  Residents have access and you have access  from the Chesapeake Bay by boat.   The beach area is public just getting to it is the problem.  Your items can be sold

Archived