This one sought me out

smt126

I am hoping to get one last fossil hunting adventure in this year before the cold starts. This last weekend was not supposed to be it, but this little guy decided to seek me out. My daughter had a girl scout get together at a farm for Halloween this past weekend in Waukesha County in Wisconsin. One of the things we did was the corn maze, which had an absurd amount of rocks in it, so I started picking up random pieces of these limestone rocks as we were walking. I found a piece that had a bunch of weathered crinoid stem pieces, but wasn't anything too spectacular. We get out of the corn maze, and I had been carrying that rock for about 15 minutes, and my arm was starting to get tired, but wanted to show the girls. We head over to the pumpkin patch, and I'm about to set it down near a bunch of the other rocks, and I find a much cooler fossil. I found my first Trilobite. Needless to say I was giddy as could be. I've bought a ton of them, but have never found one of my own. I was showing some of the kids and parents, but they weren't nearly as excited as me lol. My daughter told me this will be one of those days you'll never forget. I think she might be right. Sometimes the fossils just find you I guess.

trilo1.jpg

trilo2.jpg

Show, you are so lucky to find such a cool popsicle stick too!  Do you think the rest of the trilo is still in there?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

My 2 year old prepped that popsicle out quite nicely. Unfortunately I have no time right now for learning to prep. I wondered too if the whole guy is in there. Maybe next summer I'll have a little time again to give it another try