Chinese Dinos found while excavating for a road - Fake?

Shamalama

Fossils of TWO 180 million-year-old dinosaurs unearthed beneath road in China

http://www.geologyin.com/2016/10/fossils-of-two-180-million-year-old.html

I looked at the pictures included in the article and the arrangement of the bones looks fake to me. The articulation is too perfect and straight, at least for the back half. The rib area looks more authentic to me.

I am likely wrong, and I have not seen many dinosaur fossils in situ, but this just looks plain weird!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

I think it would all depend on how rapid the creature was covered. Obviously from the pictures, it happened very fast with no disturbance to the body as it happened (no scavenging).

Didn't you see Jurassic Park? The raptor that they were excavating in Montana was situated in a perfect leaping position.

What looks fake is that the first image shows the hind limbs in a three dimensional posture. Normally, for articulated skeletons, the creature died and laid flat, then became covered with mud. In this case, it looks like the back end of the dinosaur was trapped in mud while it was alive, and it died that way in that trapped posture. So it was buried alive... maybe. The posture is going THROUGH the bedding plane. Brings up a grim picture of his final hours.

Archived