Help Dutch Florida visitor coming Sunday

Arjen Lans

Hi everybody,

I used to hunt for fossilized shark teeth about 8 years ago in The Netherlands and in Belgium. I had to give up at the time and I haven't been out ever since.

Tomorrow however I fly to Tampa, Fl. I'm meeting with colleagues Saturday night, but Sunday is still completely open.

Is there anybody who has plans that day to go for a hunt and who doesn't mind taking me along? I have a rental car incl never lost so transportation and finding directions is not an issue.

Warm regards,

Arjen, age 42

It's kind tough on short notice as I already did my hunting yesterday and being a father of twins I'm lucky to get " a whole day"  lol. However if you make a return trip someday give me a little notice and I'll do what I can to put you on some stuff: )feel free to pm me, Jeff

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

A last minute thing-to-do might be to drive down to the old city center of Venice and walk the beach there, looking for any dark object on the beach. Also, there is a small park a couple miles south of twon called Caspersen Beach that is worth walking.

Thanks all.

I rented a sifter at Sharky's and search south of Caspersen. I was there early in the morning and able to reach a bit further out. Found most teeth early in the morning, most small, but that didn't bother me. It was nice to be out there again after many years.

I will be over in December again, but there won't be time to hunt. Perhaps early next year.

Arjen

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

Those look like some nice teeth for the beach, Congrats: )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Man, even if you didn't find a single thing, you can't beat the scenery. The teeth are just frosting on the cake.

Hope you have some more time to hunt next year.

Dorensigbadges.JPG