Finished a PD trilobite

ischua

This is my first whole prep of a complete trilobite. I had to remove a lot of matrix to get this one clear. It needs a good blasting to clean out the detail....I think I did okay

Please let me know what I can improve upon

IMG_1461.JPG

Looks great! Job well done, sir! A hit with the air eraser and it'll be all set!

On a side note, I don't know if you're working tomorrow, but I am going to try to get in some work at the site tomorrow during the day. If you're free, you're welcome to join!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Looks good! :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Looks good to me.  Like you already guessed,,, a tad bit of air abrasive and im sure you can do a good job at that small repair.   Good luck

RB

Thank you everyone! At first I went for the smooth look but when I started to clean around the edges I found I liked the pattern around the trilobite

I think it works with this one but its not something I will do often.  I do have a question for everyone do you like hand scratched "uneven" or more parallel "machined"

11 hours ago, ischua said:

I do have a question for everyone do you like hand scratched "uneven" or more parallel "machined"

That's really a matter of personal taste. If you like it yourself, then do it. Nice prep job, by the way. Like the others said, just a once over with the abrader, also over the coral, will complete the job.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

• 1 month later...

Looks great. 

You can get the material out of the grooves by using a safety pin.  See my cover photo. or this...

IMG_0435 (1110x1280).jpg

• I found this Informative 1