I Must Be Gettin Older?

RJB

Jeeesh!! I forgot the photo.

RB

Yep, classic case of CRS disease if'n you ask me. :D

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Good on ya', Ron; getting older is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the alternative!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Ok, took the wife into town today, came back and built a door for the chicken coop, then went into the garage all nice and calm... It amazes me just how hard this rock is and just how soft the shell material is on these Arturias!!! And not only that, but the first one is crushed in places and the shell material is on different levels making for a very tuff prep job!!! But again, no cussing. So proud of myself to be turning into an adult finally? Ha!!!! Tomorrow I will do a bit more work on the chickin coop and then put in some more time on this conc. So far i like it. The one is complete with living chamber!

RB

You're gettin there, nice.

Hey mommabetts. I think your the only one following this thread? You and I may be the only ones to see the finished specimen. Thanks for your interest.

RB

It is because when I see your ID on it, I know it is going to be good and worth following. I love your work prepping and the finished product is always breath taking.

No I am watching just speechless so far. Your post I watch close know I will learn something and enjoy it very much.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Cmon you old fart, I'm jumping with excitement to see the end result! :P:P:P:P

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Put the whiskey down and finish the dang thing already! C'mon, I want to see it before I go to bed. I've never found an ammonite, I've never found a crab and I have to live vicariously through you. So, hurry up!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

I am following too Ron. Not what I expected in that rock I thought there would have been more. Looking Great though.

BTW I was joking about the litospainia optiplex or whatever I called It lol it was a vulgaris that appears to have come from a locality I collect too lol.

Ok, all done with this dam thing. Took alot longer than I had anticipated. I had to remove lots of rock cause they were not all on the same plane. Oh, also, I got a PM from a fellow about something else, but he gave me a compliment on this rock and said the scratches werent too bad. It hit me that the so called scratches he was seeing was between the different pieces of shell material from being crushed. No scratches of any kind on these. Well, there is one booboo... I can live with it. Anways, here it is as it looks now.

RB

It looks fantastic!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

To quote the Great Dr. Prepper: "WoooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!"

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!