A Real Puzzle this was !!!

RJB

This thing sat in a box for quite awhile.  It was a concretion that was 'popped' open but broke very badly!  There were two incomplete halfs of this concretion with some ammo material on both halves and lots of left over pieces too.  About two months ago I took a chisel and did my best to 'pop' off the ammo parts still on the rocks.  I then layed out all the pieces in such a way and realized I had a complete ammo.  So,,,,, took many many days but kept gluing pieces back together.  I really did think about tossing this into the rock pile a time or two. Once I finally had  it all put back together I had to start the 2 part putty attack.  Then lots of sanding, then a coat of wax.   I finished up only one side of this specimen yesterday and called it quits.  I just couldn't see putting any more time into this darn thing.  Then last night, about 3 am, I started thinking about how all the hard stuff is done, so why not finish up the other side?  Plus, I think it may be the better side.  And I would end up with a 'Two Sider'.

RB

DSCN0713.JPG

DSCN0714.JPG

Yah, I think you've spend way too much time fooling around with this thing.  Just throw it away right now, but not before you give me your address so I can check your dumpster on an hourly basis. 

10 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Yah, I think you've spend way too much time fooling around with this thing.  Just throw it away right now, but not before you give me your address so I can check your dumpster on an hourly basis. 

I have to agree with Doren, you really should toss that thing in the bin and move on to more useless prep work to throw away. And, if you see a big hairy thing pulling stuff out of the trash, it's not me. It's a bear, just turn around and slowly walk back to the house and nobody gets hurt. :P

Or just throw that broken up ammo in the box my baculite is coming in!!!   Nice job on piecing him back together.  Looks like it has some cool color to him.

Thanks everybody.  You sure are a bunch of funny guys.  Would love to get this gang around a campfire with some wiskey.  :)

RB

11 hours ago, RJB said:

Thanks everybody.  You sure are a bunch of funny guys.  Would love to get this gang around a campfire with some wiskey.  :)

RB

I'll bring my guitar and we can all sing Hallelujah from Leonard Cohen.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Hey Kris, Im a very funy drunk, then I go to bed.  Im not one for anyone with problems. :)

and ludwigia:  bring the geetar. I will gladly sing along. 

RB

Archived