Fall at Penn Dixie

ischua

Cold weather has taken vacation here and Fall is stretching well into snow season. @DevonianDigger and I put new tools to the test and Penn Dixie delivered as usual. I think we moved about a ton of rock 

The Pile!

IMG_1161.JPG

Congratulations. Nice haul, especially that double. Yeah, looks like you worked your butts off. Would love to see the final prepped versions.

Looks like you got yourselves lots of prep material for the winter. :)

Nice report and finds. 
Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

You both moved a lot of rock, and it seems you were well rewarded for the effort. Certainly some great stuff to play with to keep cabin fever at bay over the winter. Good report and finds! :trilo:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I slept like a log last night and my hands are stiff but I'm real happy with our haul. We ended up leaving a lot of stuff because we couldn't carry anymore even with the wagon.

The day started out slow with with not much coming out of the rock. We then moved to the pit and the fossil gods smiled on us. We found most of everything Penn Dixie has to offer

and reached a point we needed to cull what we had. I know we left some nice pieces behind.  As we were packing up to go we had to take a deep breath and not look at the ground 

because we kept grabbing more. 

I did a rough prep to get an idea of what the pair looks like. They are both a little flat and one has a missing pygidium cephalon the very tip of both cephalons are crushed. There is a cephalon of a third poking out that I'm not sure I will do anything with. At this point all I have is baking soda which wont put a dent in this matrix  but other stuff is on the way. This gives me time to do a good clean and add a little depth in spots. There is a spot under my thumb that needs a closer look but could be horn coral.

IMG_1479.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2016 at 7:36 PM, ischua said:

I did a rough prep to get an idea of what the pair looks like. They are both a little flat and one has a missing pygidium cephalon the very tip of both cephalons are crushed. There is a cephalon of a third poking out that I'm not sure I will do anything with. At this point all I have is baking soda which wont put a dent in this matrix  but other stuff is on the way. This gives me time to do a good clean and add a little depth in spots. There is a spot under my thumb that needs a closer look but could be horn coral.

Don't know how I missed this one, but it came out really well.

Nice job on those. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really hating this matrix lol. I have messed on and off with the HF air abrader and cant get it to do much. I have raised enough funds for a MicronBlaster but still cant get myself to hit the buy button. I have hit overload and I'm sort of frozen.

On 11/3/2016 at 6:36 PM, ischua said:

IMG_1479.JPG

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Archived