Looks Like A Claw Of Some Sort To Me...

kake

Hey Guys,

Spending time on Casey Key, FL.... As usual found tons of shark's teeth. But picked up one that looks like a big claw. I read the "For The New Collectors, Before you ask". This one seems too uniform to be just a rock. Although its extremely mineralized. Any help would be extremely appreciated...

Sincerely,

Aaron

art@aaronwilloughby.com

www.aaronwilloughby.com

EDIT: Pics deleted; See below for thumbnails.

It does resemble a claw; no one wishes it were so more that I, but it is not. There is no structure to indicate an organic origin.

There is the possibility that it is a filled burrow.

BTW: Your pictures are very good, but they are way too big for slower connections to open. (I have DSL, and it took a couple minutes to settle down). Posted pics should be reduced to 72PPI, with a max. dimension of 800 pixels or so.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

hey bud im going to resize your pictures and send them back to you so other people can see

here are the pictures

post-1554-1244599828_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1244599834_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1244599839_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1244599845_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

It does resemble a claw; no one wishes it were so more that I, but it is not. There is no structure to indicate an organic origin.

There is the possibility that it is a filled burrow.

BTW: Your pictures are very good, but they are way too big for slower connections to open. (I have DSL, and it took a couple minutes to settle down). Posted pics should be reduced to 72PPI, with a max. dimension of 800 pixels or so.

Thanks So so much for the info. I'm SOOOO Sorry for the oversized images. I resized them and re-uploaded them. (not sure if it worked or not hope so...). I'm a bench jeweler. I do some Faceting, rock hounding in San Diego and fossil hunting here in FL when I can get out here.

Anyway, thanks for Waiting FOREVER if you did to look at the images. And hope I didn't wast anyone's time...

Aaron

It sure would be cool if it was a big old claw or something.

Keep on Digging...

hey bud im going to resize your pictures and send them back to you so other people can see

here are the pictures

Thanks for the help bmore...

Aaron

nope you didnt waste my time at least, anyways we are here to help

Thanks Man.

Everything looks like a fossil here...

...LOL!!!

Thanks Man.

Everything looks like a fossil here...

...LOL!!!

Or everything is a big old fossil. Maybe just not a big claw...