Prognathodon saturator 101

i am certain this is a prognathodon tooth a tooth of my favorite mosasaur

the fossils are real but the block its self is fordged henc a otodus tooth begin in the block

20161105_204810[1].jpg

The block looks pretty natural to me. It's not uncommon to see shark teeth, mosasaur teeth and fish bones together in a block from Khouribga. Nice piece.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Agreed looks very real and nice.  The matrix is very consistent and there are no signs of it being disturbed.  The string of fish vertebrae is pretty fragile and not easily moved without damage.

8 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

The block looks pretty natural to me. It's not uncommon to see shark teeth, mosasaur teeth and fish bones together in a block from Khouribga. Nice piece.

But the problem is that Otodus is not around in the Cretaceous.

P.S. is it?

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

Then it's probably a different shark tooth that is from the Cretaceous, instead of Otodus. And like Troodon said. Those fish bones are pretty fragile. So they would be too much of a hassle to move to another block as well.

Almost all the small blocks that I've prepped with Mosasaur teeth in them also had at least one small shark tooth tucked in there as well.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

the block does look pretty natural i have to say but my boss who is a palaeontologist who i brought this block from said the sharks tooth is a otodus but knowing how nature likes to copy its older designs it could be a cretaceous sharks tooth i think the vertabra and mosasaur tooth were already there but knowing my shark tooth identification the only cretaceous shark that has similar teeth to a otodus is scapanorhynchus and their teeth arnt usually that big at all it could just be that or the block may have been tampered with but im so glad i got it at my work i am known sometimes as the mosasaur boy since i have over 20 mosasaurs in my collection now including a partial front of a mosasaur skull i have also been on many fossil bigs and have been very lucky in my latest one i found a six gill sharks tooth and quite possibly a piece of the british mosasaur mosasaurus gracilis

Serratolamna is  a great canidated and it does not look like it's been placed, looks natural.   Tell your boss that Otodus is an Paleocene/Eocene shark from Morocco not cretaceous 

Echoing from others, I am quite certain the shark tooth was not planted inside.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!