Pleistocene rodent tooth?

Napoleon North

Hi

This is pleistocene tooth?

Size:near 9 mm -10 mm

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

Just like what @ynot said, it does look like a tiny piece of bone. But it's still a cool fossil! 

Quick question though: what device did you use to take the pics of the fossil in your hand? I'd really like to know because I sometimes post fossils for ID just like you of very small things, and when they ask me for a detail, I'm screwed because all I have is an iPhone 5:wacko:...

Anyways cool find,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

55 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Just like what @ynot said, it does look like a tiny piece of bone. But it's still a cool fossil! 

Quick question though: what device did you use to take the pics of the fossil in your hand? I'd really like to know because I sometimes post fossils for ID just like you of very small things, and when they ask me for a detail, I'm screwed because all I have is an iPhone 5:wacko:...

Anyways cool find,

Max

If you do a Forum search for cell phone microscopes, there are a number of inexpensive devices and ideas that work really well. 

Also, it helps to take pictures outside, in natural sunlight. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

If you do a Forum search for cell phone microscopes, there are a number of inexpensive devices and ideas that work really well. 

Also, it helps to take pictures outside, in natural sunlight. 

Regards,

Ok, thank you for the tips! I'm gonna post a new topic asking what the best options are...

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I'cm afraid that I have to agree with ynot (not that I have a problem agreeing with him!).  I'm not seeing any sign of any typical rodent occlusal pattern.  Of course...it could be an incisor but those are usually chisel-shaped at one end and are frequently orange in color (I've even seen the color retained in some fossils from Eocene/Oligocene rodent teeth from the White River badlands).

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library