Prognathodon saturator 101

this is my most prized fossil i found it on the same fossil dig as the six gill sharks tooth it is quite possibly the remains of mosasaurus gracilis the british mosasaur a 15.1 meter long mosasaur although not as big as mosasaurus hoffmannii. making mosasaurus gracilis the third largest mosasaur

20161003_173559[1].jpg

Troodon it is mosasaurus gracilis other wise known as the british mosasaur i found it on a fossil big to hunstanton

20161106_134002[1].jpg

Interesting, but can you please tell us which tiny part of that huge mosasaur you have found. It's still hard to distinguish exactly what it is from the photo.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

thats the problem i dont know whick part it comes from but imagen it could be from the skull rib or flipper not entirly sure just happy i found it funny thing is we were getting ready to leave and i looked down and it was right next to my foot

im just glad i managed to some how find such a creature in one of the most if not the most popular fossil hunting sites in that part of the uk

Typically you need some diagnostic features to identify it to a species.  I still do not see anything in your specimen to say it's is or is not a mosasaur.  What feature is your boss looking at that makes him say it's mosasaur 

if i ever go back to hunstanton which i probablly will i will try and find more british mosasaur remains and hopfully ones that look like mosasaur remains

I have to agree with the others regarding this piece.  I see nothing diagnostic in your photos that indicates it is part of a mosasaur. 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I find mosasaur parts all the time and I can't ID what you have. 

I can't tell what it is either, but the preservation looks similar to what you'd expect from Goulmima fish/reptiles.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Archived