Several Fossils

Stan Simpson

I've posted photos of 5 fossils which were found in a dredge operation near Houston Texas. I think the large one is a fragment of a mammoth tooth but I really don't know just what the others are. They may all be fragments of teeth but I could use some help to identify them. Thanks for your time and help.

MVC-189F.JPG

MVC-190F.JPG

MVC-191F.JPG

MVC-192F.JPG

MVC-193F.JPG

MVC-194F.JPG

MVC-195F.JPG

Pic #3 looks like a chunk of mastadon tooth. Pic#4 looks toothy....maybe chunk of bovid tooth. Pic #5 looks like a mammoth tooth plate. Wait for others' opinions.....

Yes, the large one is a mammoth tooth plate.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Could you post an end view of the opposite side of the last specimen (lower-right part)?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thank you for the pictures.
Hmm... It's not what I've expected to see in my thought. The reticular structure of the end-view is suggesting me a geological origin.

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived