Best lens/microscope for phone?

Max-fossils

Hello all!

It's rather hard for me right now to take good photos of fossils, especially when it comes to close-ups or specific small details. That is, because I have an old iPhone 5...

I'm not really willing to get a new phone anytime soon, therefore I am looking for a lens or small microscope I can attach to my phone in order to make detailed photos of small fossils.

I've made a bit of research, but it didn't prove itself to be very useful. That's why I am asking your help: what do you think is the best lens/microscope I could buy (for a cheap price, no more than 20 euros/dollars)? Or, what do you use to make your photos?

Thanks already,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Hi Max, I use a hand lens magnification 18mm--10X with  my iPhone 5. What I do is place the iPhone over the hand lens which is above the fossil I'm photographing. It works well enough and some good detail can be seen. I have some photos in topics I've started in which I used my hand lens. Hope this helps.

17 hours ago, SheLovesFossils said:

Hi Max, I use a hand lens magnification 18mm--10X with  my iPhone 5. What I do is place the iPhone over the hand lens which is above the fossil I'm photographing. It works well enough and some good detail can be seen. I have some photos in topics I've started in which I used my hand lens. Hope this helps.

Yes, that is very helpful! Thank you very much!

Do you perhaps know where I could buy one?

Thanks again!

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

6 hours ago, PFOOLEY said:

Very useful, thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

On 11/10/2016 at 3:44 AM, Max-fossils said:

Yes, that is very helpful! Thank you very much!

Do you perhaps know where I could buy one?

Thanks again!

Max

I ordered mine online, but I'm not sure where else you could get one. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. They are great to have, to examine fossils close-up :) 

5 hours ago, SheLovesFossils said:

I ordered mine online, but I'm not sure where else you could get one. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. They are great to have, to examine fossils close-up :) 

No problem for the delay ;). Well, thanks anyways for all your help!

I'll try to find one on Amazon for a cheap price. I'll let you know once I got something.:)

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

Archived