Anyone ever seen one of these before?

AlbertaWanderer

11 hours ago, Mona said:

I am not a native english speaker and lot of stuff I can't understand well, but I can feel some tension on this topic that is completly unnecessary. All of us are curious and united in love for fossils and answering on various questions about palaeontology.

I am folowing this topic because I think the thing AlbertaWanderer found is something biological, maybe even something never found before, who knows. And I am hoping I am right, because it will be nice and beautiful to learn something new. Also, I am sure that I'm not the only one who has that opinion.

Again, sorry for my english.

It would be beautiful to hear what did people in the museum said, even if it is not a fossil.

Greetings,

Mona

I agree AlbertaWanderer has something very curious there and, as i previously said, maybe on its way to fossilization. Some spoke about mummification. I would like so much to know what as said to him about it.

Your english is well enough for me, at least better than mine.:D

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Unfortunately, the original poster didn't agree with the answers that were offered and chose (via email message) to deactivate his account.  We have honored his request, but I see this is a lost opportunity for all of us to learn something new.  :mellow: 

10 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

I agree AlbertaWanderer has something very curious there and, as i previously said, maybe on its way to fossilization. Some spoke about mummification. I would like so much to know what as said to him about it.

Your english is well enough for me, at least better than mine.:D

Unfortunately, we will not know what it is in this case; 'AlbertaWanderer' is no longer a member. 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

16 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Unfortunately, we will not know what it is in this case; 'AlbertaWanderer' is no longer a member. 

I really didn't imagine he was so upset not to have a dino mummy, and i think he doesn't realize the interesting aspect of his find.:mellow:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

With something so odd like that, it is best to have it in hand. He was describing textures and material charaterisitcs that don't show up in a photo, so hands-on analysis is really a requirement for this one. That's why I thought remodeling the bathroom while waiting for the museum to look it over was the best tactic.

A photo of water doesn't tell you how warm or cold it is.

Archived